Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2011, 11:34 AM  

Recommendations for a Wedding Rehearsal Dinner?

We're getting married in July and I'm looking for input from the "cloud" for a great place to take about 30 people for a rehearsal dinner that offers some unique Tucson culture and great atmosphere.

As an example of the type of place I'm looking for -- my first choice was Hotel Congress but from my initial contact -- their prices are a bit beyond our budget since they charge ~ $800 to rent the room (I'm not sure where the room is as I've only been there for dinner or lunch and never really saw a large room anywhere) and then about $30 per guest for the dinner.

Thanks for the input!

Old 03-07-2011, 08:00 AM  

Rio Rico, AZ
How about somethin g that will keep people talking for months. A trip to one of the roadside taco stands along South 6th... Find one with a big parking lot and rent a bunch of dressy tables and chairs..

Just a quick thought.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:51 AM  

tucson, az
Personally I like Randy's idea for Tucson flava but.......El Corral(cowboy steak) or better yet get a cowboy cookout at TV Ranch (although that has got to be more pricey than CC), Tohono Chul(cactus gardens) , La Fuente or Las Cazuelitas (mariachis and sonoran food) or do what we did load up a charter bus and drag them all to Playa Bonita (we had a crazy seafood buffet, unlimited margaritas and beer and 9 piece mariachis on the beach for like 12 bucks a head yup...I can guarantee it will be memorableat least the parts they CAN remember

the sonoran desert museum also has GREAT catering/dinner facilities for the well behaved amongst us
Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
I like the Playa Bonita idea the best..
I hope we all invited to the wedding

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads