Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login

Old 01-09-2011, 02:40 PM  

STL, MO
Remember the Whistle Stop?

I'm looking for information on the Whistle Stop bar that was on Craycroft Road, from the 1970's to ?? I was a bartender there in the early 80's. Dennis Triano was the owner at the time.

One of the bartenders that worked The Whistle Stop in late 1983 left the club to run the bar "The Road to Ruin" that he bought from the Triano family. It was a regular nightclub located a little south of the Whistle Stop on Craycroft. I remember his name was Terry. His bar was having a rough go of it when I left the scene in 1984.

I'd like to know if anyone has ever heard what became of Terry, or Dennis Triano.

When did the Whistle Stop bar close? Any (forum safe) stories would be appreciated!

Old 03-02-2011, 08:16 PM  

STL, MO
Anyone with information yet?

Old 05-15-2011, 07:42 PM  

STL, MO
Bump for another month!
Old 05-15-2011, 09:18 PM  

Tucson, AZ
got nothing for ya. Before my time. Even google had nothing about it. Try searching facebook for people.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:56 PM  

Hi!
I worked there in the very earlie '80s. It was then owned by Denis Triano. He also owned the "Post Time" another bar on the east side of C-croft, down close to the DM main gate. Dont remember when it closed.
Old 03-02-2020, 06:12 AM  

I had a friend Jerry D. who was a bartender at Dennis Triano's Whistlestop. He got a bit part as a customer at the bar when Richard Prior and Gene Wilder filmed a section of Stir Crazy in March 1980. He left Tucson's bar scene to make a clean break but met his demise in Pinetop AZ on a icy patch of road. I dated a very cute gal whose Mom had a BF who worked there. Don't know much more than that.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!