Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2010, 09:37 AM  

Tucson, AZ
Despite my Front driveshaft Rezeeppa joint disintegrating and having to leave my Rig 20 minutes into the trail the trip was fun! Fortunately Rob was kind enough to rescue us from a disappointing day of going home early with a broken rig. Thanks again for letting us ride with you.

Heres a little clip of the XJ giving the H3 a little tug

Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
was glad i had the seats to spare.

hopefully the windblown open-air ride was still fun for all.

Old 11-23-2010, 05:06 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
here's the soaz4x4.com recap and photos for the run:

Charouleau Gap 11/20/10

definitely a fun trail, lots of challenges. all of the truly challenging ones are optional or have easy bypasses. at least for now while it's mostly dry.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:42 AM  

tucson, az
so your saying you want to lead another group of noobs out there soon so you can practice more rescues?
Old 11-23-2010, 09:47 AM  

tucson, az
ok know that I saw the pics: whats the story behind the last pic where there appears to be a strap attached to your rig. Stop to fish for sharks maybe?
Old 11-23-2010, 10:39 AM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsaxe View Post
ok know that I saw the pics: whats the story behind the last pic where there appears to be a strap attached to your rig. Stop to fish for sharks maybe?
that was at the step.

justin wanted a strap on the bumper to be safe since i had to pretty much off-camber three wheel several feet to get the rear tires firmly up. was a very unique sensation floating on that tippy edge of balance. thoroughly enjoyable.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:32 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Looks like fun, Charolou is an awesome trail. I did the whole trail from Tucson to Oracle a couple months ago by myself (not the smartest thing I know). Somehow I completely missed the step though, is it off the main trail down one of the washes?

The hardest part I thought was near the beginning as you're climbing up to the gap because those ruts were just so huge, of course the rocky washes are brutal too. And I think you need a 4x4 just to make it up that huge cattle guard right as your going through the gap, that thing is monstrous
Old 11-23-2010, 03:49 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman1128 View Post
Looks like fun, Charolou is an awesome trail. I did the whole trail from Tucson to Oracle a couple months ago by myself (not the smartest thing I know). Somehow I completely missed the step though, is it off the main trail down one of the washes?

The hardest part I thought was near the beginning as you're climbing up to the gap because those ruts were just so huge, of course the rocky washes are brutal too. And I think you need a 4x4 just to make it up that huge cattle guard right as your going through the gap, that thing is monstrous
that cattle guard is insane, that's where the hummer finally gave up. they looked like they had fun getting through it.

the step was down an off course fork to the right. just a little loop that has the step itself and a way down off it. then you head back to the main trail and continue on. i think i would have missed it, but lucas had the gps points leading us through.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:58 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Ahh, yeah I'm sure I just missed it, that was the kinda plan anyways, I was not wanting to try it that day with no spotter.

But yeah, when I was there I saw where someone had actually stacked rocks to get up the cattle guard lol
Old 11-23-2010, 09:26 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
pretty much the full action video up on the soaz4x4.com site:

see, all easy.

almost of of its bypassable... really!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads