Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
I was thinking of camping over in Madera Canyon, set up camp, then head down the road to Box Canyon and do some wheeling then head back to Madera for relax and bed time.

Old 04-12-2011, 02:09 PM  
...slightly sane.

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
I was thinking of camping over in Madera Canyon, set up camp, then head down the road to Box Canyon and do some wheeling then head back to Madera for relax and bed time.
i labeled you crazy for a reason... madera is in the santa ritas (i think!) while box canyon is up by florence.

there may be another box canyon i don't know about in the santa ritas though.

Old 04-12-2011, 05:25 PM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
On my way to Madera I pass a Box Canyon road every time... I would assume that leads to a Box Canyon of some type.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:33 PM  

tucson, az
Well I do have a winch and a little lift. As well as the brains of a 19 year old. Just no lockers and stock X skids. Therefore I was wanting to go to further test the strengh of my steps and lack of left foot technique. But it looks like famly time for me...........I would actually love to test the winch and appreciate your willingness to DRAG me along but for now I am out.....
Old 04-12-2011, 11:07 PM  

Rio Rico, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisNukemYJ View Post
On my way to Madera I pass a Box Canyon road every time... I would assume that leads to a Box Canyon of some type.
Not a true box canyon as there many ways out! If you can find it on a map, check out Kentuky Camp...
Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 PM  

Tucson, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
Well I do have a winch and a little lift. As well as the brains of a 19 year old. Just no lockers and stock X skids. Therefore I was wanting to go to further test the strengh of my steps and lack of left foot technique. But it looks like famly time for me...........I would actually love to test the winch and appreciate your willingness to DRAG me along but for now I am out.....
If that changes and you have an extra seat, let me know. I'd love to see that trail but I'm not crazy enough to try it in my XJ and my brother's Jeepster is out of commission at the moment.
Old 04-13-2011, 08:53 AM  
I Sank Your Battleship

Tucson, Arrenizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by randyd View Post
Not a true box canyon as there many ways out! If you can find it on a map, check out Kentuky Camp...
Ok no need to get bent out of shape. Just thought it might be nice.
Old 04-13-2011, 12:04 PM  

Tucson, AZ
I will know tonight whether I have an available seat or not. Just have to bring your good looking sisters with you. LOL
Old 04-13-2011, 02:16 PM  

tucson, az
I will know tonight if I am coming and if I have a seat.....
Old 04-13-2011, 03:55 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Ok I looked at the satellite maps of the trail and cottonwood road turns into ajax mine trail road all the way to ajax mine. The ajax trail runs through a wash right next to the road. So for those that are on the fence about going. Just go, whatever obstacles you don't want to tackle then hit the road and come back onto the trail at the next available spot.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads