Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-11-2011, 09:51 AM  

Glendale, Arizona
Westboro baptist protest shield.

i will be going down to tuscon to block the funeral protest of the Westboro Baptist Church.

i will be bringing my Jeep and i Urge others to bring their Jeeps and represent the Arizona Jeep Community. my plan is to block the protesters with hoods up and engines revving. maybe its a dumb idea, but im doing this with or without you.

please consider it.
PM me for more info.

-billy

i hope you join me.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:29 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
I might be interested without disturbing the peace with revving engines.

Old 01-11-2011, 11:41 AM  

Glendale, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-saurus View Post
I might be interested without disturbing the peace with revving engines.
well if you would like to join, we don't have to revv engines. the point is to distract the locals especially the funeral parties from the protesters. i just got done speaking to Channel 3 news. hopefully we can draw a crowd. supposedly there will be 4000 people there from other various groups, so we definitely wont be alone in our endeavor.

if anything it is something to do if your not otherwise preoccupied.
Old 01-11-2011, 11:48 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
I work evenings so some of the weekday afternoon funerals might be difficult for me but I plan on being there to counter-protest Westboro at every one I can make it too. Might as well use my Jeep to help block the view.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:59 PM  

tucson, az
I am really shocked by this groups behavior, don;t they need a permit for such a "protest", cannot TPD shut them down?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:09 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
sandman: Sir, I cannot be there. I really wouldn't want to desecrate the proceedings with noise, or any disruption.

in spirit, I am there with you. While you represent decency.

Sir, Fred Phelps, is a real piece of work. Disgusting, is much to kind. As he, takes the Lords name for self gain; a price is to be paid.
God doesn't need the "Phelps'' to do his work, he doesn't send garbage to lend his hand.

I don't do rants, my mind is racing toward 'rant'

It would be thrilling to see the family, friends, neighbors, county, state, nation all rise, blocking any and all attempts, for the ''Fred Phelps" congregation, desecrating these last rite proceedings.

{obviously without any violence, without anymore ignorance, Phelps is bringing enough of the latter}

These moments are for the 'family's' not some 'martyr crock of crap.

{I have re-posted this elsewhere, it is too disgusting to re-write
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-11-2011, 01:51 PM  

Glendale, Arizona
thank you all for your kind replies. for those who wont be able to make it, i thank you for your thoughts.

anyway, funeral is set for Thursday at 1 p.m. in Tucson at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.

let it be known that the reason we will be there is to
1. distract the Tuscon locals as well as the familys of the departed from the incessant messages of HATE that the WBC is passing forth.

2. protect the family's of the victims from antagonisms from the WBC.

in my mind, we, as a community are a family. there are bad things out there in the world but this should be an example of a whole community coming together in support of its members who are grieving.

there doesn't have to be any engine revving. however i am open to supporting this cause in any way i can. (short of violence)
my plan is to ignore the protesters completely. its imperative to show self control in this situation.

again thank you all for your thoughts. i hope to see at least some of you there.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:39 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Follow Up

sandman: Sir, if you would a follow up would be nice. We can get ''news'', mostly rhetoric. You will be their.

Sir, let the experience be with the spirit of God being your guide. Allow your understanding, love for right stand strong.

Lowering yourself, shouldn't happen.

Thank you:

Craig
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-11-2011, 06:21 PM  

Tucson, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by catfish View Post
I am really shocked by this groups behavior, don;t they need a permit for such a "protest", cannot TPD shut them down?
The WBC has been protesting military funerals for over 5 years. Has anyone on here ever gone to shield the families of our fallen Soldiers, Airmen, Sailors or Marines? Has anyone on here gone and shown their support for one of our fallen?

People have already tried to shut them down. But each time some court has said that they have a 1st ammendment right to say what they want. They are all a bunch of lawyers who enjoy suing everyone in sight.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:41 PM  
Commodore

San Marcos, Texas
There have been numerous groups tthat counter-protest the WBC at Military Service funerals. Some even travel across the country to do so.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.