Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2011, 07:23 AM  

Mounds, Ok
Oklahoma football coaches

I think Oklahoma has some of the best college football coaches in the US. Even if Bob Stoops chokes on the really big games. I wish the Big 12 would fill the 2 gaps with Arkansas and LSU.

Old 01-15-2011, 10:30 AM  

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Arkansas and LSU have no good reason to leave the best conference for the Big 12-2. Especially since the conference $$ distribution in Big 12 is biased towards Texas and Oklahoma. SEC divvies it evenly.

Old 01-16-2011, 07:14 AM  

Mounds, Ok
The $$$$ are divied by performance standings. It gives incentives to the lower ranked teams to do better. Win more games get more money. I left out TCU in the joining the Big 12. TCU, LSU and Arkansas joining the Big 12 would make one hell of a conference, that would dominate the BCS games. And maybe some respect along the sports media know-it-alls. It's bad enough for the sports news media to be biased towards the SEC (LSU owns 4 four of those) and Pac 10. Check out the conference history of bowl apperances, the Big 10 and the ACC are the only ones with more than the Big 12. They are way over rated. Why doesn't Notre Dame join a conference?
Old 04-13-2012, 12:09 PM  

Tulsa
Adding LSU and Arkansas would make the big 12 beastly!! Unfortunately, I do not see that happening anytime in the near future. In reply to the first comment, I might be biased from being a Oklahoma fan my entire life, but I must agree. Stoops is apart of a very seasoned and high tradition program who demands success and for a coach to stick around and win as long as he has, has greatness all over it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MJT Dentistry 918-743-9946

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Bookmark this Page!