Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-04-2010, 04:17 PM  
Hillbilly Delux

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Tire chains??

Ok, Ive had studded tires before, and they make a world of difference on the ice. Do tire chains(not cable) do the same thing? Sorry for such a noob question, but it never hurts to ask. Thaks in advance!!

Old 12-15-2010, 09:27 PM  
Hillbilly Delux

Sapulpa, Oklahoma
Bump Bump

Old 12-26-2010, 12:17 PM  

Tulsa, OK
I would say in general, you will only use the snow chains at most once per year here in Oklahoma. Personally, I wouldn't buy the chains and just take it a little easier driving around. We mostly have to deal with ice around here anyways. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:29 AM  

Mounds, Ok
Tire chains are terrible on front wheel drive cars, stick with studs or let out some of the air pressure in the tires. On a tire that should have 35lbs. I run 25 lbs. when we have snow or ice. Just air them back up when roads are clear.
Old 01-16-2011, 05:17 PM  

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledge740 View Post
Tire chains are terrible on front wheel drive cars, stick with studs or let out some of the air pressure in the tires. On a tire that should have 35lbs. I run 25 lbs. when we have snow or ice. Just air them back up when roads are clear.
Agree, chains are only really good for snow anyway. What you really need here are skates for all the ice we get.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:15 PM  

Tulsa
Yea, I agree with everybody here. No need for tire chains in Oklahoma. Don't expect to much snow during the winter and occaisonally it will ice over. What you should be careful of, is Oklahoma driving. Oklahoma drivers become completely different when there is ice or snow around. Slow down and don't be in a hurry when the time comes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MJT Dentistry
3223 E 31st St Ste 108
Tulsa,OK 74105

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads