Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 10:00 AM  

Loveland
ashley national forest...

worth making the trip from colorado?
looks like it from the pictures... let me know if you've been!
ashley national forest...-ashley_natural_forest.jpg 

Old 09-09-2010, 11:32 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
I use to live in Loveland and many other towns of the Front Range. I moved back to Utah in 2003 from Grand Junction. Ashley Natl. Forest and the Flaming Gorge (which I belive is what you have pictured) are both fantastic to visit. To my belief, it is well worth the trip, but I suggest that you visit the Northern part of the State before the snow flies, unless you like to ski. There is a reason that we have the motto "The Greatest Snow on Earth". Also, our National Parks are some of the most scenic that you will ever see. I suggest that if you do visit, you stop at least in one of them and see it during the sunset, the colors are very vivid and seem to come alive.

Old 09-13-2010, 09:26 AM  

Loveland
I'm sure it would be beautiful in the Fall. I better book my trip before November, although skiing could be a nice addition to the trip... Where do you recommend?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:41 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLover View Post
I'm sure it would be beautiful in the Fall. I better book my trip before November, although skiing could be a nice addition to the trip... Where do you recommend?
The Red Cloud Loop is an awesome drive to take in the fall. There are so many colors and wildlife to see. But I recommend doing this just before hunting season as tha tthe back country will be overrun by hunters. Here is a calendar from the DWR website.Utah wildlife calendar

I do not ski, so here is a link that you can follow. It should have enough information to help you out.
Ski Utah: The Greatest Snow on Earth - Home
Old 09-15-2010, 10:05 AM  

Loveland
Awesome info, thanks!

I may have to try out the skiing also.
Old 09-15-2010, 10:51 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Here is the link to the DWR calendar as to when some of the Hunting Seasons begin.
Utah wildlife calendar
Old 09-20-2010, 09:27 AM  

Loveland
how is hunting season up there anyway? I haven't really gotten into hunting, but I have friends that live for it. You ever been?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:44 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
I haven't been hunting since 1982, but I have seen a lot of trophys leaving the Basin. I have heard that our mountains provide some of the best hunting anywheres. Some of my customers (contractors), and friends take a full week off just to go armed hiking.

NW Colorado also provides hunters with great rewards. I am originally from the Piceance Creek Basin. Hunting has always been great. My father knew where to hunt, so he always brought home the trophy.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:31 PM  

Woods Cross, Utah
Mountain Lover, I was born and raised in Loveland, Co., I left there in 1980 and have been in Utah pretty much ever since. My sister still lives in Ft. Collins, I visited her last month and I could not believe how much it has grown in that area. My uncle lives in Estes Park and it is beautiful there.
I love Utah though, one weekend I can go camping in the high Uintas, and the weekend after that go spend some time down south in the red sandstone arches country. But you will not be disappointed !
I am new to this forum and will try and post some pics soon!
Old 09-23-2010, 09:19 AM  

Loveland
remmons: No, I have never been but I figure I might as well try it once! I'd probably try deer hunting first?

roadapple: I've visited Ft. Collins! Have you ever eaten at Pho Duy? I don't know how you feel about Vietnamese food, but I had the best Pho ever there!

Post some pictures up though, I'd love to see Utah's sites.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!