Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-24-2010, 11:29 AM  

Taylorsville, Ut
Best morning nook in SLC?

I'm hungry and want to know where is a good breakfast nook. I know the chicken and waffles place in West jordan closed down before I got to try it. I've never had that and wanted to. Anyone know of another place that serves it?

Old 12-24-2010, 12:17 PM  

Sandy, Utah
Don't know how far you would be willing to drive but there is Carl's Cafe on Ft Union and 2300 East. They have good they only take checks or cash though since its just a small place.

Old 12-25-2010, 10:56 AM  

Salt Lake City, UT
Maybe too late for this, but Oasis is one of my favorites. Very new-age type of place, but also very hipster. They have a bookstore attached to it too (Golden Braid bookstore) if you are waiting for a table, and during the warmer seasons, they also have courtyard outdoor seating.

151 South 500 East

EDIT:

oops.... Oasis is not a chicken type of place . Ruth's diner up Emmigration canyon is nice, and a cash-only place that closes at 2PM on 3300 S / 2300 E called Over the Counter is pretty good too.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:34 PM  
jpp

slc, utah
there are amazing belgian waffles downtown across the street from pioneer park. I forget the name of the place though...
Old 01-14-2011, 05:13 PM  

Logan, UT
Mmmm...Breakfast....

My personal favorite breakfast dive is The Blue Plate Diner: 2041 South 2100 East. Everything fresh and handmade, and their chili verde sauce is crazy delicious! My favorite breakfast food of all time is biscuits and gravy and they do it right.

FYI... the waffle place mentioned in a previous post is called Bruges Waffles and Frites.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:55 PM  

Taylorsville, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rshosted View Post
I'm hungry and want to know where is a good breakfast nook. I know the chicken and waffles place in West jordan closed down before I got to try it. I've never had that and wanted to. Anyone know of another place that serves it?
It wasn't that good so you didn't miss much...Best place in town hands down for breakfast is Tammy's Diner in T-ville 4700 S. and @ 2600 W.
Old 01-27-2011, 02:23 PM  
Park City Realtor

Park City, Utah
Cafe Trio the downtown location

I enjoy Cafe Trio in their downtown location. They have the best weekend brunch.
Old 02-05-2011, 12:55 AM  

Ogie's Cafe in West Valley City - Ask for the Ogie's Breakfast Burrito - OMG!!
Over the Counter Diner in East Millcreek - Anything on the menu.

Those are my two guilty pleasure's when I want a great breakfast. Damn, now I'm hungry.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:17 AM  

Sunshine cafe is a gem in North Salt Lake, try their pancakes with granola.... so good!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads