Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM  

Bountiful, UT
Camping in Utah

So I've lived in Utah for almost 3 years now. I don't really know anyone here so I figured this is a good spot to ask. I recently picked up a 33' toyhauler and need some good camping destinations. I always take it down to Arizona where I know where to go but not here. I've been to Antelope island and its pretty boring (other than the cool buffalo and deer roaming around). Im looking for some place in the pines.

Any recommendations on favorite spots I can try out this summer (it needs to be RV accessible obviously).

Old 07-08-2011, 03:59 PM  

Layton, UT
If you sell the toy hauler and buy a backpack I would be able to help you out.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:35 PM  

Bountiful, UT
I'll pass, but enjoy your backpack
Old 07-14-2011, 10:03 AM  

Layton, UT
Whitney lake is nice, goto Evanston then back into the Uintahs. You may want to plan on arriving Mon - Wed. It may be hard to find a spot on the weekend.

If you want to drive a little, the area around Goblin Valley would be excellent for camping + RVs. Go to goblin valley, but instead of going into the park stay on wild horse road, there are numerous unimproved places to camp around there, and RV roads. Plus little wild horse is an easy slot canyon but still beautiful if you want to hike.

I will talk to my bro in law, he has RV's and camps the way that you like to, I am sure that he will have more spots.
Old 09-13-2011, 05:08 PM  

Layton, Utah
Moab is awesome! American fork canyon is one of my favorites! Pineview in Ogden canyon is really pretty!
Old 09-16-2011, 11:41 AM  

I camped in Manti. It is really beautiful and allows RVs.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.