Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 01-06-2011, 12:09 PM  

Taylorsville, UT
Likes/Interests/Activities, who does what?

So my wife and I, having kids, never get out to meet anyone, so we basically do nothing...
I like to camp, fish and 4wd, but haven't done any of these since moving here, never time, don't know the best places to go, etc...

I also like to brew(Saw a message on here about that), and only haven't done that because I haven't been motivated.

I also want to get into Mountain Biking, I have a nice bike that I got a smoking deal on, but no idea where to really go.

Someday, I'll get my finances straightened out at the right time of the year to afford skiing again, hopefully...

So any people with similar interests, especially if they have kids too? Family camping up at the lake would be fun. My teenage stepsons are kind of off and on about such stuff, but I'll be damned if my daughter will grow up that way...

Old 02-18-2011, 11:15 AM  
John

Spanish Fork, Utah
If u like to go wheeling u can come wheel with my friends and Me. We have a club with about 86es members that I'm the president of, called Utah JeepCrew.. We are on Facebook and have our own club forum on jeepforum.. We have monthly get togethers and are planning a camp out right now for march.. We also plan a monthly wheeling trip. For the most part we are a young group but it's a family friendly environment.
Other than that if u are interested in remote control Rock crawlers there are lots of groups that meet for that as well. I can point u to some good forum / clubs.
I use to mountain bike and loved it but I had to sell my bike to buy my wife a wedding ring just over a year ago.. (it's okay cause she let me keep the jeep lol)

Old 02-18-2011, 11:16 AM  
John

Spanish Fork, Utah
Oh and I love fishing.. I have a fly fishing class at uvu starting next week (well see if I can attend it fully while still in POST)
Old 02-20-2011, 07:06 AM  

stuff to do

YOu live in a wonderful state with lots to do especially if a jeep owner. 4wding, kayaking, mtbing, skiing, sledding, horseback riding, mountain climbing, hiking just to name a few. I've concentrated my travels to the 4 corners region but love your state.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:25 PM  

Taylorsville, UT
Thanks 311WJ, I'll check out the board on Jeep Forum this week. I feel I've been wasting all kinds of opportunities here in Utah, it'll be nice to discover where to truly enjoy this wonderful landscape.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:07 PM  

fishing!!!!!!!!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!