Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-22-2010, 03:22 PM  

Durham, NC
Moab

Anybody live in the Moab area? I am going to be looking for a new job when my company closes the plant I'm at now and thought about checking out that area. I'd love to live near a top notch Jeeping area!

So if you're from near there (within an hour or two), give me some info about the area. Like how is pay and cost of living...

Old 09-22-2010, 03:32 PM  

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
. I'd love to live near a top notch Jeeping area!
man that would be the coolest thing ever, good luck on your search man!

Old 09-22-2010, 03:57 PM  

Central, Utah
Within an hour or 2 of Moab... that will limit you to some pretty small towns. Not to say small towns aren't great (I live in one, but 3 hours from Moab ) but of course opportunities are limited. To the East on I-70 you've got Green River and to the West the closest cities will be Salina and Richfield.

What kind of industry do you work in now? Hopefully there's a demand in the area as it would really be cool to live that close to Moab and the San Rafael Swell. I'm headed down there this weekend to do some Jeeping
Old 09-22-2010, 04:49 PM  

Basalt, Colorado
Could look for a job in Grand Junction, CO or around there. It is about 1 and half to 2 hours from Moab. And Colorado has some pretty awesome wheeling.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:12 AM  

Roy, Utah
There are a lot of jobs a little farther than a couple hours from Moab, if you don't mind driving a little father to world class wheeling (but still closer than the rest of the world)
Old 09-24-2010, 02:32 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
I am just about four hours away from Moab. My wife and I have spent two of our anniversaries there. We did not have a highway capable Jeep at the time, so we visited Arches Natl. Monument. Now that we have her JK, and soon my YJ, we plan on taking the family on a little expedition.

Employment is limited here in Vernal. The only people who seem to be hiring are the fast foods and the oil and gas industry.

Moab is one of two places that my wife are planning on moving to once we make that decision.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:31 PM  

Boise, Idaho
Where is a good place to stay in Moab?
Old 09-28-2010, 09:24 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
My wife and I liked to "rough it" so we stayed here.
Moab Rim RV Campark - Google Maps

We also stayed at the Red Stone Inn. It is priced right for us.
Moab Utah Red Stone Inn Hotel Motel Lodging Accommodations

I am sure that there are better places to stay, but for our budget, these two places couldn't be beat.

Reservations are your best friend. I would suggest that you log onto the web and check to see what events are taking place in Moab before you go. One year, there were no hotel rooms available due to the bicycle races, so we stayed at the campground.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:42 PM  

Moab, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Anybody live in the Moab area? I am going to be looking for a new job when my company closes the plant I'm at now and thought about checking out that area. I'd love to live near a top notch Jeeping area!

So if you're from near there (within an hour or two), give me some info about the area. Like how is pay and cost of living...

I've lived in Moab for about 20 years. I'm "semi retired" from the hardwood flooring business. Employment here may be a bit hard to find due to the economy but that depends on what your niche is. And coming onto winter makes it even harder. The cost of living here is a little higher than a larger town and housing costs are fairly high. Fuel prices are also a little higher. Not an economical place to live anymore like it use to be.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:44 PM  

Moab, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
Where is a good place to stay in Moab?
Campground or motel? Economy or ???

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads