Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 01:35 PM  

Moncton, New Brunswick
Looking for some Utha vacation information.... i am Jake and i`m from Moncton New Brunswick Canada.... the wife and i own a 98 Cherokee Sport .... with many modifications,,,, we have been looking into a MOAB ..jeep trip in our near future ... we have found many Jeep rental places online and tons of information ... what i`m looking for is tips or inside information on hot spots or possible Jeep rentals or other tour guides that have real nice techincal trails or trails only the locals would know about .... any help or inside information would be greatly appreciated..... Cheers Jake

Old 10-09-2010, 11:41 AM  

Calgary, Alberta
Moab? Hell yeah!
I have always wanted to go wheeling there,
its like the whistler of Jeeps haha. Is there Open Trail runs that us random canadians can come to?

By that i mean, Club runs and what not that are open to strangers or is everything a pretty tight group?

Old 10-09-2010, 07:26 PM  

Moab, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakexj View Post
Looking for some Utha vacation information.... i am Jake and i`m from Moncton New Brunswick Canada.... the wife and i own a 98 Cherokee Sport .... with many modifications,,,, we have been looking into a MOAB ..jeep trip in our near future ... we have found many Jeep rental places online and tons of information ... what i`m looking for is tips or inside information on hot spots or possible Jeep rentals or other tour guides that have real nice techincal trails or trails only the locals would know about .... any help or inside information would be greatly appreciated..... Cheers Jake
Are you planning on renting a Jeep here? If so, you won't be able to run trails with any real technical difficulty without voiding the rental agreement. They usually have a list of trails that they don't want you to run. As for inside information, there's a few areas but they are usually limited to rock crawlers and not the average or even above average 4x4. I would recommend getting a book on Moab trails by Charles Wellls. Very good info, especially for those coming here for the first time.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:21 AM  

Roy, UT
I live in Roy.....4.5 hrs north of Moab....there is plenty of work up here!!
Old 10-12-2010, 12:05 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKTAXI View Post
Are you planning on renting a Jeep here? If so, you won't be able to run trails with any real technical difficulty without voiding the rental agreement. They usually have a list of trails that they don't want you to run. As for inside information, there's a few areas but they are usually limited to rock crawlers and not the average or even above average 4x4. I would recommend getting a book on Moab trails by Charles Wellls. Very good info, especially for those coming here for the first time.
I remember the first time I visited Moab. There were Jeeps everywhere, and this was in October! Of course, there were other four-by's running around up there, but Jeep seems to dominate the scene.
Old 10-13-2010, 02:38 PM  

brigham city, utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamacpl View Post
I live in Roy.....4.5 hrs north of Moab....there is plenty of work up here!!
yup thats why I am still up in brigham city I work in ogden.... Its still to populated of an area for me I like a little less people.
Old 10-14-2010, 01:53 PM  

Juneau, Alaska
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakexj View Post
The best is to travel there with maybe 2 other friends with rigs so you've got a group of your own.

If that isn't an option, if you go during a busier time (spring/fall) you should be able to start up a chat with somebody in the campground or hotel and find a group. Everybody I've met in Moab has been so great, you end up talking to folks all the time about their rig, or what bike trail they did that day or whatever. I figure cause Moab is so far out there and special that you gotta really love your sport a lot to get out there, folks love to talk and are having a blast and creating great experiences daily.

I was able to hook up with this local group last time just by word of mouth around the campground but now that I know their website it'll always be an option:
WeBeJeepin’ Moab
They were real friendly and had rigs of all capabilities.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:39 PM  

Draper, UT
There are 30+ trails around Moab with all levels of difficulty. Get the Charles Wells book. Sometimes people just gather in the City Market parking lot at 9 or 10am and then head out.

Area BFE is a hard core area south of town. I don't know any of the local secret places, the many main trails have always kept me busy. Have fun!

I wonder if a tool and die maker could stay busy in Price? Lots of great wheelin' around there, plus close to Moab.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:52 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
There are 30+ trails around Moab with all levels of difficulty. Get the Charles Wells book. Sometimes people just gather in the City Market parking lot at 9 or 10am and then head out.

Area BFE is a hard core area south of town. I don't know any of the local secret places, the many main trails have always kept me busy. Have fun!

I wonder if a tool and die maker could stay busy in Price? Lots of great wheelin' around there, plus close to Moab.
I remember that there was a tour company near the City Market that had lifted Suburbans. Those things looked tough! I wish that I had kept my '84.
Old 10-22-2010, 11:25 AM  

Cottonwood, AZ
Moab has been on my list of favorite places for as long as I can remember. I would give just about anything to live there if I could. Maybe one day.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.