Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2010, 11:30 AM  

Cottonwood, AZ
Our club always goes around May. Seems to be near ideal weather every time. Early June would be nice too.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:27 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by spleify View Post
This is great information and thanks for taking the time to share this.

We are heading to Moab for the Thanksgiving weekend.

If anyone would like to join we encourage more folks to come. We have two rigs going as of now and would like to try and get some others to join us.

Thanks
If you want an unsual view of Moab, and you have 20 minutes to kill, check this video of the rock-climbing of the Volkswagen Touareg.....I just happen to own the 2004 Model.

Watch Volkswagen Touareg, 2003, Moab. Online - VideoSurf Video Search

Old 11-19-2010, 07:51 AM  

Utah
Great time to go trail riding

The best time of year to go trail riding is late Sept. We go ever year about that time it's not to hot and not cold.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:24 PM  

portland, maine
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpkites View Post
Varnish hit the nail squarely on the head

If you need the creature comforts of home, the Red Stone Inn is right next door to Canyonlands RV. Good folks, locally owned, and a nice little hotel.

Moab Brewery has some darn good eats, but after a personal experience, I would recommend paying cash. I had a credit card skimmed there, and 1 person in the group I go down with at least once a year had the same thing happen a year later.

Moab Diner is also open relatively late for ice cream. Multiple flavors.

Fins n Things is the perfect introduction to slickrock wheeling. Hit up Hell's Revenge to get even more.

Alco...yuppers! My favorite department store. Small town "market" feel, and near wal-mart pricing.

City Market is the way to go for any grocery needs you have. In the morning, stick around on the south side to join in on trail rides if you don't know your way around. Find a lifted rig, and there's a good chance you'll have a trail leader.
Ditto on Red Stone Inn. They treated us great. I would stay there again.
Old 12-27-2010, 08:17 PM  

Round Rock, TX, TX
I have had good luck staying at the Moab Rim Cabins. Also we loved camping at gooney bird rock this summer
Old 01-03-2011, 12:40 AM  
Grenade Inspector

Winchester, Illinois
Ye Ol' Geezer Meat Shop on the south end of Moab has some of the best jerky, evar! if your camping, it's a good place to get good meat. Zax is a must!
Old 01-06-2011, 07:34 AM  

Farmington, Utah
I echo what has been said about Zax, great pizza for a great price. They will even make a pizza of your choosing if you opt for the all you can eat meal...

Another great place to camp (with amenities) is Riverside Oasis. The staff is very friendly and the campground is immaculate.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:17 PM  

Newtonville, Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubeYJ View Post
I have had good luck staying at the Moab Rim Cabins. Also we loved camping at gooney bird rock this summer
I want to go camping in MOAB soooo bad
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 PM  

Lexington, Virginia
Im dying to go to MOAB, but I live in VA. I will get out there one day though!!
Old 01-19-2011, 08:00 PM  
OU812

Vancouver, WA
We go to Moab for EJS almost every year, at least every other year. LUV it there, Great wheeling, Great people, Great shops, Great dining. Our favorite place for a vacation.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.