Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 10-17-2010, 11:39 PM  

Logan, Utah
Cache Valley would be a great place to live it you love the moutains and don't mind the cold in the winter.

Old 10-18-2010, 02:31 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxlizrd View Post
Stay away from Utah unless you don't like to be treated like an adult then its ok
Why the poor feelings?

Quote:
Originally Posted by meach4x4 View Post
That seems an odd thing to say. I feel like Utah is a great place to live, and I've never felt like I was treated poorly here. Perhaps it is how people react to your approach, vtxlizrd.
I have met some great people from many states. It is no different here tha nfrom any other place. One thing that I have to give kudos to are the missionaries who volunteer their services.

Old 10-22-2010, 11:46 AM  

Cottonwood, AZ
So how is it for the Non-LDS folks who live in Utah? I'm trying to see if what I've heard is true or false.
Old 10-22-2010, 09:39 PM  

salt lake city, ut
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZScooby View Post
So how is it for the Non-LDS folks who live in Utah? I'm trying to see if what I've heard is true or false.
From a Non-LDS folk, it's what you make of it. Sure some things are different
like alcohol rules, more places are closed on Sunday etc. What have you heard?
Old 10-24-2010, 06:14 PM  

West Point, UT
We like Morgan UT but it's a bit of a drive to SLC. Park City is really nice and I love the small town vibe, not sure of how expensive it is though.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:36 PM  

Cottonwood, AZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewinutah View Post
From a Non-LDS folk, it's what you make of it. Sure some things are different
like alcohol rules, more places are closed on Sunday etc. What have you heard?
Some friends of my folks who used to live in UT have said they make it very difficult for non-LDS to live in the state. Was just wondering if there was any truth to that or not.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:11 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
There are many cultures and religions here in Utah. I felt just as welcome as the next guy. I feel that if there are no misconceptions, like that Mormons have horns and a tail, then you should have no problems. Keep in mind, it is the LDS folks who will go out of their way to help you if you ever need it. Sure they frown on alcohol, nudity, etc. But Shouldn't we all keep our family values intact? If you do have or go out to parties, just try not to disturb the neighbors. I feel that this applies where ever you may live.
Old 10-25-2010, 04:13 PM  

salt lake city, ut
I wonder if the OP is really moving to UT. It has been 40 days since they started this post and they have never replied to all our suggestions
Old 10-25-2010, 07:01 PM  

West Point, UT
I sit naked out on the porch drinkin' beer and watching the sunset all the time (the most beautiful sunsets i've ever seen by the way) and the neighbors haven't complained yet.

The only problem I have is with the drivers around here. I think they got their drivers licenses at Walmart or something. PLEASE LEARN HOW TO DRIVE YOUR !@$!% CARS!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 10:04 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hewinutah View Post
I wonder if the OP is really moving to UT. It has been 40 days since they started this post and they have never replied to all our suggestions
With only 4 posts, I don't think that he even hangs aroung. He was probably only on here to get his five posts for the winch drawing on jeepforums.com, which he didn't even finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatNakedGuy View Post
I sit naked out on the porch drinkin' beer and watching the sunset all the time (the most beautiful sunsets i've ever seen by the way) and the neighbors haven't complained yet.

The only problem I have is with the drivers around here. I think they got their drivers licenses at Walmart or something. PLEASE LEARN HOW TO DRIVE YOUR !@$!% CARS!!!
I agree with you, to a point. I do agree that some Utah drivers are wild, but so are the drivers in Denver, Grand Junction, Cheyenne, Rock Springs...Here in Vernal, we have people from all over the country who work for the oil and gas industry. The ones that get bent over are primarily the ones with out-of-state plates on their vehicles. And tourists, they take the cake when it comes to driving.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!