Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 02:07 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit Utah

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-09-2010, 11:25 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
I guess this depends on what you are looking for. Are you looking at visiting for sports, jeeping (I see your avatar), the club scene or what?

Old 09-09-2010, 02:07 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Here would be my one reason to visit Utah.
Please give me one good reason to visit Utah-outdoors-jeep-fuse-panel-009.jpg
This is Delicate Arch located in Arches National Park, located just west of Moab, Utah, the four wheeling capital of the State, and possibly the U.S.
Old 09-14-2010, 08:48 AM  

Central, Utah
The scenery in the southern half of the state (Arches, Zions, Bryce, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, etc.) is something that everyone should see in person at least once in their life. The geology is incredible.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:59 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
The scenery in the southern half of the state (Arches, Zions, Bryce, Canyonlands, Capitol Reef, etc.) is something that everyone should see in person at least once in their life. The geology is incredible.
I have lived in the Uintah Basin for over seven years now, and I STILL haven't covered all the ground just in my back yard! There is so much to see and do. So far, the farthest south that I have made it in Utah is Moab and Arches Natl. Park. and I still have yet to take my Jeep down there.

Nine Mile Canyon is a sight to see, with all the Petroglyphs down in that area. It has been stated that Nine Mile Canyon is the world largest portrait, with all the Fremont Culture art still intact.
Old 09-21-2010, 01:23 PM  

Grantsville, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Agreed! You could spend weeks in just the southern portion of Utah if you enjoy breathtaking scenery.

The northern part of the state has the Great Salt Lake, Park City (skiing and home of the Sundance Film Festival), and the Golden Spike National Historic Site (where the transcontinental railroad was completed in 1869). The LDS temple in Salt Lake City is a beautiful building, even if you aren't Mormon (I'm not).

But the southern portion of the state is very definitely something spectacular. Also try to hit the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It's in Arizona, but access to it is mostly from Utah.

Mark N
Old 09-23-2010, 03:19 PM  

Layton, Utah
You have tons of things to do up here, In southern Utah theres all those parks and jeepin places, up north (where im located) theres Salt lake, Ogden, a few other big(er) cities that have lots of cool stuff to do..

And the best reason is FRY SAUCE!!
Old 09-24-2010, 02:51 AM  

Roy, Utah
Moab. Nuff said.
Old 09-24-2010, 09:50 AM  
Jeep ***** Member

Bozeman, Montana
MOAB! Rock climbing, Jeeping and hiking!
Old 09-24-2010, 12:37 PM  

Moab, UT
Moab is boring.... no tall buildings, no traffic, only has 6 signal lights, no Walmart, no malls, etc, etc....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!