Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-15-2010, 02:03 AM  

St George, Utah
Sunny Saint George

Saint George is known as Utah's Dixie for a few reasons:

1) It is the southern part of our state, located just a few miles from the Arizona border

2) It has the warmest climate of any part of Utah, with 300 days of sunshine per year, and very seldom do temps ever get below freezing.

3) During the early pioneer days, a lot of cotton was grown in the neighboring areas.

Many people are familiar with St George because it is so close to so many beautiful parks and monuments. Zion, Bryce, Grand Canyon, Capital Reef, and Escalante Grand Staircase are just a few of the gorgeous areas within a day trip of Saint George.

With well over 100,000 people in Saint George, there is plenty of shopping and places to eat, including several malls and outlet stores. There are 3 Walmarts and a Costco in the local area. Las Vegas is just over 100 miles SW of Saint George.

For those who enjoy getting away from the population center, there are over 2,000 miles of dirt roads to explore surrounding the town. They range from cactus desert to pine mountains. Beautiful scenery with long vistas await those who strike out on the back road adventures.

The area also has many hiking opportunities, such as some of the most beautiful slot canyons on earth within a short drive of town. The most famous are the Virgin River Narrows in the North section of Zion, but there are many less travelled canyons that will be equally impressive.

Just west of Saint George a few miles, you can hike and bike in the incredible scenery of Snow Canyon State Park. Just north of town, you can play in red sand dunes between swimming or boating at Sand Hollow State Park.

These are just a few places, you can always find more!!!

Meach4x4
Saint George

Old 10-15-2010, 10:41 AM  

Salt lake City, Utah
Nice, I just bought a house down there for the winter! Lovin it.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:42 PM  

Orem, Utah
I plan on retiring here.
Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 PM  

St George, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtxlizrd View Post
I plan on retiring here.
I did! And... I'm lovin' it!
Old 10-18-2010, 01:36 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
This is one of those towns that is on my list of "have to visit someday" things to do. I cannot stand the heat of the summer, but I hear it is wonderful in the spring and fall, Sometimes winter.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:17 PM  

West Point, UT
I work down there several times a year, really cool area. Has anyone been to the cabins w/ the buffalo on the other side of park? I can't remember the name but it's very cool
Old 10-25-2010, 07:35 PM  

St George, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatNakedGuy View Post
I work down there several times a year, really cool area. Has anyone been to the cabins w/ the buffalo on the other side of park? I can't remember the name but it's very cool
That would be Zion Mountain Ranch. There are some nice ATV/Jeep trails just west of the ranch.
Old 01-07-2011, 10:49 AM  

Saint George, UT
St. George is great for water sports in the summer. Excellent small lakes with warm water for wake boarding and skiing. Like you said Sandhollow is sweet for 4x4's on the dunes and then some fun on the lake. It is a great place to have toys for sure.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:02 AM  

Washington, UT
Sand Hollow

Sand Hollow, is a lot of fun! It costs $10 to launch your boat, and that's not bad, as the ramp is pretty friendly, and not steep at all.

Bring your camera, as the red sand makes a beautiful backdrop to the blue water!

Ranman13

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.