Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-02-2011, 12:12 AM  

Roy, Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomondpeak View Post
Surprizing how Utah ranchers, given the teachings of the predominant religion among ranchers, react regarding wolves. You bring in a tasty slow and stupid animal - cows - and let them invade and run wild (overgraze and trample) across the natural habitat of the wolf and other preditors, and your solution is to exterminate them. Joseph Smith chastised those who wanted to kill a rattle snake. I wonder how he would feel about the wanton and uncessary extermination of an animal that is no threat to human life and very little threat to the cattle industry? there is still no documented case of a wolf killing a human...just wild cowboy's tall tales designed to justify their unjustifyable destruction of wildlife...

I feel for the rancher who lost a whopping 3 head of cattle... perhaps he should consider buying his own private land, instead of using public lands for essentially nothing, and better protect his investment.

We wouldn't feel sorry for a guy who gets his car stolen after parking it - running, and with the keys in it - where he knows thieves live. We certainly wouldn't promote the extermination of the thieves as the solution to his stupidity. Yet, that is how the ranchers handle the wolf... just maybe the problem is the rancher...not the wolf...

Not saying I totaly disagree with you. I dont care for cattle over grazing our public lands either but its not just attacks on humans and live stock that worries me. Our wild game populations will suffer from wolves being here. Wolves are also responsable for a ton of attacks on dogs.

WOLF ATTACKS ON HUMANS

2010 Current Dog Depredations by Wolves in Wisconsin - WDNR

Old 02-17-2011, 09:30 AM  

I am glad we have wildlife. To exterminate wolves would be ignorant and stupid. Nature requires predators, or things get out of balance. How would yellowstone be today without Bison, and they were almost killed off in the 1800s. Excessive extermination of animal species is irresponsible.

Old 02-22-2011, 11:08 AM  

I hope some legislation passes this year to get them official delisted. Atleast two of them were killed here this year. Atleast that was reported on hopefully there was more killed than that.

Our elk and deer heards cannot handle any more predation on them.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:39 PM  

Draper, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polhonda View Post
Our elk and deer heards cannot handle any more predation on them.
Um...isn't that one of the reasons for the annual deer hunt, to keep the herds in balance? Does that mean that they are going to further limit hunting?

Seems like wolves killing off the weak and afflicted will help the herds more than hunters killing off the trophies.

BTW, one was spotted near Wanship last weekend.
Old 02-23-2011, 09:15 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by lomondpeak View Post
I wonder how he would feel about the wanton and uncessary extermination of an animal that is no threat to human life and very little threat to the cattle industry? there is still no documented case of a wolf killing a human...just wild cowboy's tall tales designed to justify their unjustifyable destruction of wildlife...
The few remaining tigers of India remain alive because the people respect the lives of animals too. Wolves want wilderness and avoid man if possible. To graze animals near wolves require those big white (Spanish, Basque?) dogs.

Returning the Wolves is Helping Balance the Yellowstone Ecosystem

HTML Code:
http://www.suite101.com/content/bringing-the-wolf-back-to-yellowstone-a130088
Old 02-24-2011, 09:39 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
Um...isn't that one of the reasons for the annual deer hunt, to keep the herds in balance? Does that mean that they are going to further limit hunting?

Seems like wolves killing off the weak and afflicted will help the herds more than hunters killing off the trophies.

BTW, one was spotted near Wanship last weekend.
You need to visit the dwr website and see the new deer proposal the just cut 13,000 hunting permits because they are trying to help the deer in our state recover.

Now add wolves into the mix....they will never recover if this happens

Also if you think wolves are so great visit the website Home

Big eye opener.

Everyone brags how the wolves have been so great in Yellowstone....My last trip through there in october sure showed how great they are. All animals are in fear. If you even stop to look at them they get un easy and move off quickly.

You should see the work that Sportsmen for Fish and Wildlife are doing to try and regulate wolves in the west and what the Mule Deer Foundation is doing as well as the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation.

I will let this rest, but in my opinion our fore fathers took care of them for a reason.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:06 PM  

Thats actually very good.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads