Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Vancouver
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2010, 07:29 PM  

Vancouver
Hello from vancouver

woohoo first post for the vancouver forum... lol

Old 12-01-2010, 12:29 AM  

Vancouver, Washington
Oooooh, why youuuuu. Hey we got our new listing! Vancouver USA is oficially on the City Profile map!!

Old 12-15-2010, 03:30 PM  

vANCOUVER, wa, wa
cool we made the list !!
Old 12-19-2010, 05:56 PM  

St George, Utah
We moved out of the area in July and are wondering if it's STILL RAINING?

Taint raining here at our new home (NE of Las Vegas about 120 miles)

LOL

Lynn
Old 12-21-2010, 12:04 PM  

Vancouver, Wa
Still raining and had a lot of wind lately too!
Old 12-22-2010, 08:29 AM  

St George, Utah
Good news I 'd say though is that when (if?) it stops raining - it can be one of the prettiest places to live in the country.

Lots of green trees, the mountains, rivers full of water and like that .... but even things that don't move very much take on a green-ish coloration from the moss and mold that seems to grows where ever its wet and shady.
Old 01-05-2011, 05:30 PM  

Walla Walla, WA
I hear that it is a real nice place to live. Had considred moving that direction in the future. Those of you that live there would you recommend it as a place to buy a house and settle down?
Old 01-05-2011, 06:46 PM  

Vancouver, Wa
We have covinced the country it rains to much to keep them all from moving here. Truth is it rains more in Houston and Atlanta then it does here. It just stays pretty misty through the winter. Overall there is not a greater place to live in the US. (I'm from Michigan originally).
Old 01-06-2011, 01:26 PM  

St George, Utah
Yeah - it may (and probably does) rain more in terms of inches of rain in other places than in the Portland/Vancouver area - but there, it rains and gets it over with.

In Portland/Vancouver - the rain (you call it "misty" all you want to) is pretty much 24/7 from late Fall to early Summer!

No matter what you call it - rain, mist, drizzle (take your pick), it's so wet that mold and moss starts growing on most anything that is slow moving.

Running "joke" is that it always rain for Portland's Rose Festival - which is in early June!

But as I said before - when the rain FINALLY stops - it's one of the prettiest places to live - at least until the rain starts again.

Lynn
Old 01-19-2011, 07:44 PM  
OU812

Vancouver, WA
I am new here, from the east side (last 20 years anyway) and YES, it rains alot here !

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Vancouver
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads