Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Ventura County
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2011, 06:29 PM  

Simi Valley, Ca.
Ventura County overlooked?

I just joined and noticed that there no Ventura County listed
and was curious why?

Old 01-31-2011, 07:04 PM  

The administrators of this forum are receptive to additions in different areas, provided there is enough membership to warrant the addition. As I have recommended to others, "If you build up the membership, it will come!"

Old 02-01-2011, 10:32 AM  

I was wondering the same thing. There has to be other people in Ventura county!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:51 AM  

I woud recommend building a sub forum within the city closest to you. As the membership grows, it will be expanded. Many cities were added previously and once they were added, the site became inactive, which doesn't sit well with a person who is building a successful forum. We are new and have growing pains, but all of us here believe this forum can be a valuable asset, and still have lots of bugs to work out.
Old 02-02-2011, 03:59 PM  
Me

The problem with posting to a sub-forum closest, is that the posts would be in the wrong area and most likely the correct forum would not be created.

Ventura is NOT Los Angeles. If you wanted to create it based on region, such as Southern California, then it would make sense. If you want to list various Counties, then Ventura should be added asap.

If you create Ventura and people don't post to it, then it will just fade away and not get used. It will not take up much space.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:40 AM  

Simi Valley, Ca.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wdk3n View Post
The problem with posting to a sub-forum closest, is that the posts would be in the wrong area and most likely the correct forum would not be created.

Ventura is NOT Los Angeles. If you wanted to create it based on region, such as Southern California, then it would make sense. If you want to list various Counties, then Ventura should be added asap.

If you create Ventura and people don't post to it, then it will just fade away and not get used. It will not take up much space.
That is why I posted the question.
I was just curious as to why we werent on the list.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:58 AM  

I submitted your requests to the Administrators, and hopefully soon, you will have your region added. All I ask is when it does get added, please show your sites so the world will know what a beautiful place you have up there.
Old 02-03-2011, 01:19 PM  

Welcome to the new Ventura County category!
Old 02-14-2011, 08:53 PM  

Ojai, CA
I live here in Ojai and am remiss in not going offroad more than I have. I'm waiting for the Nordhoff Ridge to open back up this spring and I'll give it a whirl now that I've got the pesky leak in my pinion gear repaired with a new seal.
Old 03-07-2011, 09:37 PM  

Moorpark, CA
I love that the Ventura County line seems like the end of civilization for most of LA. We have a huge metropolis just a few minutes away but most LA people won't venture way up north here because it's so far! I love it that way.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Ventura County
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads