Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 01:28 PM  

Newport, Vermont
Course Meals

I'm looking for fine dining, as long as it's within a 30-45 minute drive. I prefer multiple courses and wine/drinks to accompany. My 20 year anniversary is coming up and we want to treat ourselves. It will just be the two of us.

Old 11-08-2010, 05:36 PM  

Newport, Vermont
A couple of places up at Jay Peak, Alice's Table for one. Also could try Elements in St. Johnsbury. I like it because they have Arrogant Bastard in a bottle. :-) But for fine dining in the Newport area it is very limited.

Old 11-14-2010, 04:05 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
No need to look any further than main street in Newport! Lago has some fine dining, and great service! My wife and I treat ourselves to the Fruti demar any time the budget allows! Or for special occasions! We have tried some of the "finer" establishments in Stowe but they dont compare to Lago!

Enjoy!
Old 12-12-2010, 09:23 AM  

Burlington, Vermont
I'd suggest Hen of the Wood in Waterbury, but that's a HIKE from Newport. Would it be worth the hour and a half drive? I'd hate to build your expectations that high. But if you find yourselves in the area for any reason and can fit it in, don't think twice - do it.
Old 12-12-2010, 02:47 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
Too far North for me to help you, sorry
Old 12-13-2010, 06:17 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Drive up to Montreal, stay in a nice hotel and make a night of it. The choices for fine dining are pretty well unlimited.

I know, I know, it's more than 45 minutes, but for a 20th anniversay it might be worth the extra hour in the car.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Bookmark this Page!