Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-29-2010, 10:17 AM  

Vermont
Fishing in Vermont

Who is fishing in VT? Are you fishing year round? Do you fish on the small lakes and ponds, Lake Champlain, or both? Who comes to Vermont to fish?

I like to fish during the warm(ish) months. Ice-out until Autumn I like to go fishing. I have a small boat, so I like to go out fishing for perch, sunfish, crappie, and bluegill. I take my boat on both Lake Champlain and the smaller ponds and lakes. When I can, I go out lake trout and salmon fishing on Lake Champlain with my friend or my uncle. I want to try ice fishing, but have not done it yet.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:57 AM  

Quechee, vermont
I usually dont have alot of time to fish in the warm(ish) months so I have to settle for fishing through the ice. We will have a shanty on Lake Fairlee this year and hope to do alot of trout/bass fishing up there along with some perch jigging.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:27 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
Fishing VT

Sure, what were you interested in? Tips, techniques, good waters? I have fished many waters in the state from north to south and east to west! Mostly for Largemouth and Smallmouth bass.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:25 PM  

Quechee, vermont
actually saw a group of (in my opinion) foolish ice fishers out on Dewey mills pond last saturday. Must be enough ice on the small ponds to at least walk on. I would take some test holes before going out too far.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:29 PM  

Berlin, Vermont
I fish year round all over central VT, and honestly I do a lot more ice fishing than anything else, I love this time of year. I'm not crazy enough to get out on the ice just yet, but come january or so I'll probably be out there perchin' on Waterbury Res. or Peacham Pond just killing time until opening weekend of trout ice fishing season.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:21 PM  

St. Johnsbury, VT
I usually fish during the warmer months, but if I were to get out on the ice, Lake Willoughby would be my choice when winter trout season opens.
Old 01-21-2011, 02:36 PM  

any tips on flyfishing spots...I know there's a really good one on rt 100 by Greensboro
Old 01-25-2011, 04:53 AM  

wells, vt
lake St. catherine awesome trout and bass

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.