Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-12-2010, 09:11 AM  

Burlington, Vermont
The Brew Fest has changed a LOT over past 8 years). Or, maybe it's me who's changed, and gotten older and become less of a fan of a drunk-fest. Hijacking ABs organization:

As a Patron:
The rules have gotten much stricter, the lines have gotten much longer, the beer selection hasn't gotten better (maybe I'm a snob in this area, but if you're at a brew fest - bring something more than kegs of your most popular 4 beers if you're a local brewery, we can buy those in the store).

As a volunteer:
Something I've never done. But based on what I've always seen as a patron, I can't say that I'm jumping at the opportunity to do so...

Old 12-12-2010, 10:14 AM  

Boston, MA
Brew Tour looks good not sure of festival

The tour looks like it be fun- some clever travel agency should put together a package for us out of staters. Sadly alot of these festival develope into something un-njoyable.

Old 12-12-2010, 02:42 PM  

Keene, New Hampshire
There is quite a distance between some of the breweries. I was hitting a couple a weekend. I was just using them as destinations for motorcycle rides. The problem arises in the Burlington region as the breweries are fairly close and I don't ride drunk so I can visit but not drink and what is the point of going to a brewery.
Your idea of a tour director and bus trip splitting it up into a 3 day trip would work. They could split it up with other activities and not have a bus load of drunks.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:35 PM  

Berlin, Vermont
Not a brewery, but if you're a beer lover in VT, you owe it to yourself to check out Threepenny Taproom in Montpelier, unbelievable draft selection on any given day. I'm lucky enough to live only a few minutes away, and I don't know anywhere else around where I can get a Belgian Grand Cru on draft followed by a Lawson's Finest Chinooker'd.

Also, Hill Farmstead in Greensboro is putting out some amazing beers right now and is already getting lots of attention in VT and far beyond, very much worth checking out!
Old 12-26-2010, 06:30 AM  

Newport, Vermont
+1 for the Threepenny tap room you have to check that place out. PLus the food is good as well.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:41 PM  

Burlington, Vermont
I feel like the VT department of Liqour Control has ruined the brewers fest. After this past year I heard that several of the Brewers from Montreal will not be coming back because of how crazy strickt the rules are.

I haven't personally been to siptemberfest but I heard great things.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM  

Bennington, Vermont
I'll definitely have to make of bike tour for this next summer. Probably only be able to hit the soutern part of the state though.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:25 PM  

St. Johnsbury, VT
I have always enjoyed going to the Brewer's Fest in the past, though we didn't make it this past year. Perhaps it has simply become too popular...
Old 01-25-2011, 04:54 AM  

wells, vt
always wanted to go on a brewery tour, if I could only go to one which would be the best?
Old 01-26-2011, 06:04 AM  

Burlington, Vermont
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfreezevt View Post
always wanted to go on a brewery tour, if I could only go to one which would be the best?
Switchback gives a nice tour. I think they only do them on Saturdays.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Vermont
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.