Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 12:30 PM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Arrowheads

Are you as addicted to arrowhead hunting as I am? What general area do you hunt in and do you have any of your collection framed and displayed? How about a pic of your favorite find? I will post a photo of mine when I get home from work.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:38 PM  

Lynchburg, Virginia
where do you go to find them typically??

Old 11-04-2010, 06:41 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wightie13 View Post
where do you go to find them typically??
You really would not believe how easy it is and how many I find! if you walk along any creek after a rail.... or on any old dirt path/trail, you can be assured that you will find at least one. The area saw atctivity for thousands of years and these things are all over the place. Give it a try.... but be warned... its addicting
Old 11-16-2010, 12:20 PM  

Blacksburg, Virginia
I use to find a lot of arrowheads just outside of Petersburg. Here is a picture of my collection.

I've thought of going arrowhead hunting again, but not sure of where to go locally. LMStatical is right about them being easy to find, one I found just on the ground in a yard where the ground had been dug up to run a pipe.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:14 PM  

waynesboro, virginia
I live in waynesboro and a man named john huffer has a huge collection that he found around the national forest near here..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads