Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-17-2010, 07:44 AM  

Fairfax, Virginia
Amen brother.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:33 AM  

Falls Church, Virginia
All the highways and smaller roads like route 50 heading out of wash D.C. during weekday rush hour have gotten so bad. The traffic is just stopped, I cant stand it! I try to avoid driving when ever possible during rush hour.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:03 PM  

williamsburg, West Virginia
When going to the beach,from Wv,I try to forgo the usual Hampton traffic by travelling on 460 from Petersburg to Suffolk!!It works,trust me.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:28 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Every other time I try to drive to Richmond, traffic is stopped dead for no apparent reason. There is something about Rte. 64 on the Peninsula that makes seemingly normal drivers, police officers and rescue vehicle crews incapable of understanding that moving a damaged car which has 1 fender in traffic OUT OF TRAFFIC will remove the hazard to the 187 billion drivers stopped on the highway, and keep traffic moving. Seriously, get the debris out of the road and only stop traffic completely when it actually has to be.
Old 10-23-2010, 12:41 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Note I was born/raised in the Wash DC area so I have some 'hands-on' experience with driving in at least NoVa.

My one truly frightening event (which was my own damn fault, driving too fast for conditions) was while driving on Lee Hwy in Arlington during the Blizzard of '77; I hit a patch of black ice, spun out, almost hit a pedestrian and came to rest in a bush across the street.

Needless to say: I left there 18 months later for California to escape that '4 season' weather.
Old 11-03-2010, 04:31 PM  

Lynchburg, Virginia
I live in Lynchburg. We moved here a year ago. NO ONE in this town knows how to merge into traffic!!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 07:59 PM  

Harrisonburg, Virginia
my worst was right after i moved to elkton va. if you know about elkton then your probably saying "what!?!? elkton. yeah a very small town near harrisonburg. and that's what i said as i read about the cruising problem they had. until i tied to go to the store on a Sunday afternoon. it took me 45 minutes to go 3 miles! just incredible!
Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 AM  

I left work early on a Friday in order to get a head start on a seven hour drive to get to a rock climbing area for a long weekend. As soon as the drive started I was stopped. Dead locked traffic just after getting onto 66W at Arlington.

It took something like two hours to get to Glebe Rd and discover the problem. In the middle of summer during clam, clear weather the top of a tree over hanging 66 westbound snapped and crushed a moving car. This brought traffic down to one lane, which wouldn't seem like it would be a two hour problem.

But everyone driving by stopped to inspect the doings-a-conspiring.

I ended up setting up my tent at 2:00am and starting the weekend just slightly more sleep deprived.

Yes Virginia, you should stop rubbernecking and watch where you're driving. Learning to merge correctly wouldn't hurt either. It's just a zipper.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:55 AM  

Virginia
All of the construction on 495 has done a pretty good job of keeping the entire area in worse gridlock than normal.
Anyone remember that weekend where they shut down 66 at 495? It took me about two hours to get from Manassas to Falls Church that Saturday. I thought I could just go up 29 and avoid all the people who hadn't gotten the message about 66. Silly me!
Old 11-19-2010, 11:57 AM  

Virginia Beach, VA
I've only lived here for a couple weeks but I should've known better. I was stopped yesterday for not having an inspection sticker on my car. I just moved here from FL where there is no inspection requirement... Oh well, live and learn.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads