Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2010, 10:39 PM  
Curmedgeon

Max Meadows, VA
Guns in Virginia

Did you know that we are still semi-free people in Virginia? Residents of many other states are not so lucky.

VA residents can still legally buy, sell, and trade guns with other VA residents without going through a federally licensed dealer.

However, we are obligated to satisfy ourselves that the buyer is legal to own a gun; a VA resident, of age, not a convicted felon, not a crazy, etc.

We can even ship guns to each other within the borders of the state, with some restrictions.

With the economy in the toilet many people are finding it hard to plop down several hundred bucks for a new gun.
But, if you can find someone willing to trade you the same gun for one you would like to get rid of, Yehaw!

Or maybe you simply need to sell a gun to put a little cash in your pocket.

I found the forum shown below and have met some really nice folks from all across the state. We also have discussions about a variety of subjects.

If you have questions about buying/selling guns, concealed carry, whatever, this is a good place to find the answers.

VaGunTrader.com - Buy/Sell/Trade your firearms for free!

I have no connections with the site other than I am a member, just like I am on this forum. I have found both sites to be good places to spend some time.

Old 11-02-2010, 11:48 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Great post and thanks for the reccomended link! Good stuff!

Old 11-18-2010, 08:09 PM  

Harrisonburg, Virginia
hopefully we will continue to have the gun rights we do. thanks to gov Allen for our concealed weapons permit.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:58 PM  

waynesboro, virginia
Im originally from n.y. so i love that i can go buy a pistol with little more than two forms of id from a dealer or nothing from someone random..
Old 11-21-2010, 03:36 AM  
Poison Idea

Thanks for the link, been looking for something like that.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:11 PM  

VA
+1 for VAguntrader!

AWESOME website. Great deals, good people, Virginia is a great state to live in! I was a transplant from MoCo Maryland and it is a pain in the butt dealing with all the red tape involving gun law.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:20 PM  

Culpeper, Virginia
Guns can be a great hobby, it really is a shame that so many people ruin it for so many other people. I am very thankful to live in VA and be able to go out with friends and take turns shooting guns on the weekends.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:26 AM  

guns in va

We shoudl nto publish this to much some soccer mom might work to take this right away like so many others in our state.
I love the tool that allow me extra meat, sport, relaxation and protection from zombies.
one day we may even have to register our bows.
Old 12-17-2010, 03:49 PM  

I love living in this state for this very reason. I'm originally from MD and would never move back because of their radical laws regarding firearms.
Old 12-18-2010, 05:53 AM  

alexandria, va
we do still have quite a bit of rights but like every state they are being chipped away inch by inch.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!