Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2010, 10:45 PM  

mechanicsville, maryland
Gwnf trail info post it here

Ok I'm in md and have been looking into finding info on any and all trails to go offroading in my jeep in gwnf and so far I have a good amount of trail names but I'm looking for info anyone has on trail heads with gps cords and good camping spots and once I get more info put togther ill post up on the web to have it all in one place

So if you have good info post it up

Old 10-17-2010, 05:45 PM  

Greenfield, Indiana
I went in on the road above Crabtree Falls and wound my way down to highway 60 took several hours and there were plenty of places to camp along the way! dont have gps coordinates it has been 6 years since I was there so I am sorry I cant be more help but there were some great trails!!!

Old 10-17-2010, 11:41 PM  

mechanicsville, maryland
thanks for the info i wish more people would post up about the trails they have been on in gwnf

right now I'm still trying to find time to get the info i have organized so i can post it up
Old 10-19-2010, 10:32 AM  

Falls Church, Virginia
Right near my house is Taskers Gap/ Peters Mill. To get there, you take I81 and get off at Edinburg, then you hang a left, follow the road into the town, when you get to the T in the road, hang a left, and then follow the road past the BP station, to the middle of what used to be a Jeep dealership, that has a road running straight through it. Take a right there and follow that road up the mountain up to the parking area/trail head at the very top of the hill.
Old 10-21-2010, 01:42 AM  

Locust Grove, VA
Thanks for the info Finaltheorem47!
Old 10-21-2010, 05:54 AM  

mechanicsville, maryland
yes good info thanks

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!