Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 10:45 AM  
Saving lives for a living

Stafford, Virginia
Motorcycles! What do you ride and where? Etc.

For all you motorized two-wheeled enthusiasts, let's start it off!

What bike(s) do you ride?

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride?

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like?

Year-round or seasonal?

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)?

Your best/worst experience on a bike?

Old 11-29-2010, 10:53 AM  
Saving lives for a living

Stafford, Virginia
What bike(s) do you ride?
Used to have a Norton Commando (sigh). Purchased it used, eventually died of "multi-organ system failure"...i.e. too many expensive problems to fix. Not surprising, being a Norton!

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride?
I used to ride in Western Massachusetts. Beautiful rural countryside. Around here, if I get another bike, I look forward to Skyline Drive, Rte 619 in PW County, out near Lovettsville in Loudoun....

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like?
I biked both for commuting (short 10 mile commute) and just for the sheer freedom and pleasure of it.

Year-round or seasonal?
Year-round. Less pleasant on the bone-chilling cold & wet days, but biked nonetheless.

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)?
The only shop I've spent any time in, talking with the owner, was Extreme Powersports on Rte 1 down near Fredericksburg. The owner seemed nice, very experienced, and passionate about motorcycling.

Worst: the day I determined the Norton had turned over for the last time!

Old 11-29-2010, 10:55 AM  

West Palm Beach, Florida
What bike(s) do you ride? Triumph 955i Daytona.

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride? Anywhere that has windy roads.

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like? Riding for over 30 years.

Year-round or seasonal? YEP!

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? Triumph Fort Lauderdale.....ask for Megan.

Your best/worst experience on a bike? ......160mph AWSOME! Sliding past a poice car on my arse with my bike following shouting "NOOOOOO!" damn that wet man hole cover!
Old 11-30-2010, 03:17 PM  

Richmond, Va
I ride a Victory V92, most of my rides are within the state, but a few over-nighters over the years. I really like rt 5 & 6, and colonial pwky. Taking rt 6 all the way out to afton and then hit the parkway up to rt 522 then back down to richmond is one of my "must" rides every year.

Old 12-01-2010, 05:16 AM  

Springfield, VA
Springfield, VA!
What bike(s) do you ride? Yamaha FZ6 Sport Tourer

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride? Anywhere I can

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like? Riding for over 2 years & use for commuting spring/summer and some fall

Year-round or seasonal? YEP! BUT Mostly seasonal

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? Have had good service at Woodbridge (Colemans's)
Your best/worst experience on a bike? Traffic oblivious to bikes EVEN with direct EYE Contact in area. I am an newer rider still working on my skills so any riding time I can to improve.

Old 12-02-2010, 07:22 PM  

Herndon, VA
For all you motorized two-wheeled enthusiasts, let's start it off!

What bike(s) do you ride? - '97 YZF 600R

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride? I love to ride out in clifton, or out route 55 to linden and take some of the back roads along the river up there.

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like? I do...but i have a 4 mile commute, by the time i get all my gear on and off...I could've been in the office already in my car.

Year-round or seasonal? I'd say 9-10 months out of the year, when we get any snow and all that sand and salt is on the road...its just yet another hazzard to be aware of on top of the terribad drivers.

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? I get my gear online and service my bikes myself...i love to tinker, and can't afford high labor prices at shops.

Your best/worst experience on a bike? Best: Tail of the dragon with the yzf600r.com forum members, and a 2000 mile round trip bike ride from NoVA to the dragon, to OBX and then back. Worst: Losing multiple friends on the dragon in two consecutive years...
Old 12-16-2010, 08:24 AM  

Van Etten, NY
I no longer live in Richmond VA but went to college around there and lived there for a few years.

What bike(s) do you ride? Ducati 748(gone now)

Where is your favorite place(s) to ride? Blue Ridge Parkway(beautiful in the fall) good twistys and scenic.

Do you bike to commute? What's your experience like? Rarely. Not too fun for me, plus my bike is not condusive to running errands on the way home.

Year-round or seasonal? Seasonal

What shops do you recommend (sales, service, new/used, accessories)? The shop I used to use closed down as well. Kind of sad.

Old 12-18-2010, 05:54 AM  

alexandria, va
cant wait to get my harley in the spring, great posts, thanks!
Old 12-20-2010, 12:36 AM  

NVA, VA
VTX 1800c. I like to take it out on 15 and the backroads when I have free time.
Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 PM  

Aldie, VA
When I used to ride Rt. 32 up near Harpers Ferry was a blast. Not a long road, but lots of elevation change. The whole area makes for a nice escape from NOVA. A few good roadside places to pull over too.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!