Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2010, 09:32 PM  

Richmond, Virginia
Dude, we hosted camp Jeep here a few years ago...bring your CJ/TJ and hit some ultimate jeep trails...

Old 10-07-2010, 01:17 PM  

Fairfax, VA, Virginia
I think the underground mall in crystal city is pretty cool.

And it isn't "technically" Virginia, but if you take the Metrorail system to Rosslyn VA (from any of the stops in DC, MD, or VA), you can hike across the key bridge and hit up Georgetown in DC, which is pretty well known for it's bars, restaurants, and shopping.

You can also visit and take a tour of the nation's best high school - the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology. It's consistently ranked #1, and the programs they have are amazing. Obviously, the curriculum is focused on tech/computers/math, but the way they run the school is pretty cool (one example - no bell system!).

~Brad

Old 10-07-2010, 04:28 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Virginia is Beautiful and it has everything!

1. Mountains - Virginia is a mecca from the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains! You can jeep, mountain bike, motorbike, hike, camp, rest ... the list does not end for what you can do in the mountains!

2. Beach - Virginia Beach and the entire Eastern Shore! Check out endless miles of sandy warm public and private beaches. This past summer we took our jeep down the beach for the first time ... so much fun.

3. City - You are so close to D.C. that if you are craving some big city time just head north.

4. History - I saw a lot of posts for history already so I won't be redundant.

5. Wine - I love Virginia wine. You can drive anywhere and find beautiful vineyards. My favorite is King Family Vineyards in Crozet because on Sunday afternoons you can watch Polo too.

Anyone that doesn't recommend Virginia has not truly "LIVED" in Virginia. It's beautiful!
Old 10-07-2010, 05:39 PM  

Fairfax, VA, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
5. Wine - I love Virginia wine. You can drive anywhere and find beautiful vineyards. My favorite is King Family Vineyards in Crozet because on Sunday afternoons you can watch Polo too.

Anyone that doesn't recommend Virginia has not truly "LIVED" in Virginia. It's beautiful!
I completely forgot about the wine! There are a ton of vineyards in Virginia, I forget which road I was driving along on our way out to Charlestown WVA (Horse Racing!), but it seemed like there were dozens of them! If we'd had more time, we would've stopped, but we were running late as it was :-/

I love VA. I have friends who say they hate it, for x, y, or z reason, but I seriously don't think there's anything wrong with it except for too many jerks on the road!

~Brad
Old 10-08-2010, 02:41 AM  

Arlington, Virginia
Skyline Drive in the Shenandoah National Park in the Shenandoah Mountains is one of the most spectacular scenic drives you could ever experience. 100 miles of vistas and overlooks with campgrounds sprinkled in. There's even a resort at the highest part called Skyland. Your jaw will drop at the amazing and beautiful scenery and views from mountain top to mountain top. Hiking, camping, Luray Caverns (with the world's only Stelagpipe Organ), Apple Season in the Fall. Pecan apple butter. I can go on and on.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:04 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by piratius View Post
I have friends who say they hate it, for x, y, or z reason, but I seriously don't think there's anything wrong with it except for too many jerks on the road!

~Brad
Brad, my boyfriend and I rode the motorcycle from South Dakota down through Wyoming, Colorado, Texas, Tennesse, North Carolina, and back home to Virginia this summer... the further east we went the worse the drivers on the road were... for this trip I was on the back of the bike and there were times that I just buried my head in his back and couldn't look because other drivers scared me so bad.

I am originally from Canada and when I moved here I was appalled at Virginia drivers. This is the #1 thing I hate about Virginia and I do not understand why it is so specifically bad here on the east coast.

Not to deviate from the discussion of why to visit Virginia, but you fired me up with the comment because I couldn't agree with you more. A motorcyclist was killed 2 miles from my house 2 days ago because of it.

Yes, come visit our beautiful state but watch out for our drivers.
Old 10-08-2010, 09:47 AM  

Fairfax, Virginia
I think MD drivers are worse....
Old 10-10-2010, 08:44 PM  

Greene County, Virginia
As has been said, lots of history here and lots of bad drivers. A guy a work who is from Long Island even said this lol.

I didn't see it mentioned, but there is also Monticello in Charlottesville.
Old 10-13-2010, 08:55 PM  

Richmond, Indiana
Virginia is a Beautiful...and AWESOME STATE...with lots of varying terrain and many things to do !

You can go up on High Knob around Big Stone Gap...up in the Mountains...or you can head to the coast and be at the Ocean....what more can someone ask for?

My family is originally from Appalachia....I'm in Indiana now...but would love to be able to move down to VA !!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:01 PM  

Altoona, PA
I always liked to go to Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, which are awesome vacation spots, especially if you like roller coasters and water slides.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!