Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2010, 11:25 AM  

Fairfax, VA
Hike the Appalachain Trail.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:53 AM  
Curmedgeon

Max Meadows, VA
Not as many speed traps as NC. Haha

Old 10-16-2010, 11:49 PM  

Hampton, Virginia
But you can't have radar detectors either. Other than that, most of Virginia is GREAT to just take a drive out in the country. Hardly ever a bad day for that
Old 10-20-2010, 07:56 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
I don't think I saw caverns and the Natural Bridge posted yet. (Maybe I missed it). There are the Luray and Shenandoah and Endless Caverns - all really beautiful. And there is the Natural Bridge which is a nice little easy hike and the scenery under and around the Natural Bridge is quite nice.

I also love all the country roads through the Shenandoah Valley, and the George Washington Forest has endless trails for jeeps, motorcycles and mountain bikes.

There is also the Eastern Shore with quaint fishing villages and nice places to camp or ride or drive.

I am disappointed this thread hasn't been posted for a few days! Virginia is beautiful and of course, who can forget, VIRGINIA IS FOR LOVERS ... it's a romantic state
Old 10-21-2010, 05:03 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
Virginia extends reciprocity to MANY other states for Concealed Weapons permits! That, and you can play golf, fish, surf, etc.. pretty much year-round. Pork, seafood, skiing, the best track on the NASCAR circuit, the epicenter of military development since the time of the blunderbuss, and you can watch the pony swim at Chincoteague.
Old 10-21-2010, 05:05 PM  

Virginia Beach, Virginia
I received a tee-shirt a couple years ago that reads "Virginia Is For Lovers, But Pennsylvania Has Intercourse"!
Old 11-02-2010, 11:47 AM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
I moved to Virginia from Los Angeles and will never leave! There is so much history here that it's hard to know where to start. In addittion to visiting historic sites, you can metal detect and find Civil War items. or, you can look in any creek and find a bag full of prehistoric arrowheads. How cool is that? You will love you time in Virginia. Oh yea... the gun laws here rock!
Old 11-02-2010, 05:38 PM  

Georgia
The Mariner's Museum in Newport News, Virginia.
The Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel
Fort Monroe and the Casemate Museum
CaseMate Museum
Old 11-02-2010, 08:32 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorDude View Post
The Mariner's Museum in Newport News, Virginia.
The Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel
Fort Monroe and the Casemate Museum
CaseMate Museum
Did you really just include the Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel in that list? As cool as having a bridge tunnel is, this one to avoid if at all possible ... the traffic in and around it is certainly not worth the nostalgia of it. I don't think there is one person who lives around it that would add it to the list of reasons to visit Virginia

My boyfriend lives on the other side of it and the only thing that tunnel is to me is a barrier to him and there are times either he or I are on the wrong side of it forever trying to get to the other, so maybe I am more personally adverse to that tunnel
Old 11-02-2010, 08:52 PM  

Johnson Cit, Tennessee
It does have a lot of history in the eastern part of the state but other than that I can't think of any other reason to visit. I'm 30 miles from Virginia and do a lot of work there and I hate having to go to Virginia. I got pulled over once because I let my foot off of the gas when i saw a trooper and he pulled me over and ticketed me for 8 over because he thought I had a radar detector.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads