Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 AM  

Fairfax, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMStactical View Post
...or, you can look in any creek and find a bag full of prehistoric arrowheads...
Anyone planning on treasure hunting should catch up on the laws concerning removal of artifacts from Indian Reservations and Federal land (National Parks, Historical sites etc). Doing so could be a crime depending on how the state voted.

Old 11-18-2010, 02:05 PM  

Wilmington, Delaware
Great Outdoors and Brewpubs

after some day hikes down skyline drive I stayed at a bed and breakfast in Afton (Afton Mountain Virginia Bed and Breakfast Inn | Blue Ridge Mountains) Great inn keepers! It was centrally located to many great breweries and lots of outdoor activities.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:32 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
The Battleship Wisconsin is a rather neat attraction, and of course the beaches out here

With that comes some pretty neat white water rafting (if you are into that as well)
Old 11-18-2010, 07:47 PM  

Harrisonburg, Virginia
"skyline drive" looking over the beautiful Shenandoah valley (and the river by the same name that flows north) dont forget to bring a bag of chips. yes just rattle the bag and the deer come running. they will almost eat right out of your hand.
Old 11-19-2010, 07:35 AM  

Natural Bridge [south of Lexington on Rt 81] is pretty darn neat.

There are a ton of caves throughout the western and southern region. Many are spectacular. Look up a grotto local to your location for more information.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:14 PM  

VA
Forget all that history mess... If I want to see grass I'll look in the backyard. No disrespect to our forefathers, but seriously... Unless you're a history buff, so what?

The reason to come is NoVa nightlife. There are some great bars, alehouses (Dog Fish Head kicks butt) and you're spitting distance into DC.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:27 PM  

Culpeper, Virginia
If I had to give you just one reason it would be the same that a lot of other people have already given, skyline drive, it's absoulelty gorgeous, especially during the fall.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:28 PM  

Culpeper, Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebo202 View Post
Forget all that history mess... If I want to see grass I'll look in the backyard. No disrespect to our forefathers, but seriously... Unless you're a history buff, so what?

The reason to come is NoVa nightlife. There are some great bars, alehouses (Dog Fish Head kicks butt) and you're spitting distance into DC.
I couldn't disagree with this guy more. IMO, NoVa is by far the worst part of VA. You can find places like NoVa in just about every single state. VA has a lot to offer than you just can't find anywhere else.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:05 PM  

Charlottesville, VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soc12 View Post
I couldn't disagree with this guy more. IMO, NoVa is by far the worst part of VA. You can find places like NoVa in just about every single state. VA has a lot to offer than you just can't find anywhere else.
Yes. Thanks for replying. I agree with you completely. Even if you do not like history there is so much more to Virginia (most of which is listed in this entire thread). I live in a very scenic area and look out at rolling fields and can drive to vineyards or nice places to have a good beer with friends anytime I want, and I'm extra lucky because I don't have to fight traffic to do it. I have lived all over Canada, a lot of the U.S. and even at different places in the world. By the time I was 23 I had lived in almost 30 different places. I am 37 and have lived in Virginia almost 10 years now. I love Virginia.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:43 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's a few photos from VIRGINIA....

No's. 1., 2. & 3. are views from atop Afton Mountain, Mile Marker 100 on Interstate I-64 near Waynesboro.....the entrance to the "Blue Ridge Parkway" is at Mile Marker 99, also on top of the mountain.
No. 4 is of "Falling Spring" - located North of Covington on US-220 (the route to Virginia's Resort Hotel "The Homestead" - Virginia's resort like "The Greenbrier" in West Virginia)

http://www.thehomestead.com/?src=ppc...ng_brand_quote
Please give me one good reason to visit Virginia-shanandoah-valley-virginia-%3D-rockfish-gap.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Virginia-img_0712%3D.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Virginia-img_0719%3D.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Virginia-falling-spring-june-2006-1280.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Virginia-img_0698%3D.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit Virginia-falling-spring-covington-virginia-.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.