Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 11-29-2010, 02:19 PM  

Washington D.C., VA
Tolerance

Interesting things going on in Virginia schools. Expanding diversity means that we have more cultures, races and religions represented. After I retired I did some substitute teaching in the local schools, and was surprised to learn how many new Americans we have in our "melting pot".. Sometimes, even the kids get a surprise....like the one Muslim boy who was astonished to learn that the girl next to him in class was also Muslim...(He assumed that she was not, because she did not wear a head scarf; not all of them do!) The kids are really wonderful, and very tolerant of one another. Do you know any adults who could learn something about that?

Old 11-30-2010, 09:00 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Of course, and chances are we get to look at them every day.

Whether it be yourself, or your spouse, being tolerant of others can pose quite the challenge. One thing that nobody is exempt from having to deal with - ignorant people.

That is the biggest challenge IMO

Old 12-17-2010, 03:53 PM  

I'd be interested to see the reaction you'd get to your comment if it were posed to those other cultures... I think in general America is one of, if not the, most tolerant country on earth. Possibly to a fault.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:00 PM  

charlottesville, VA
sometimes i think that being so diverse is not a good thing. we end up with alot of racism.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!