Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2011, 07:47 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
VA 1 - Wallyworld 0

HTML Code:
http://consumerist.com/2011/03/calm-man-successfully-buys-tv-and-denies-walmart-receipt-checkers.html
Calm Man Successfully Buys TV And Denies Walmart Receipt Checkers

Quote:
Rick is the Gandhi of receipt-check deniers. He writes in with a story of how he bought a 37 inch TV from Walmart and was able to successfully say no to the receipt checker blocking his way with his body. Rick did this by calmly and reasonably explaining his position to the assistant manager who showed up and by ignoring everyone around him who was trying to provoke him. Sometimes the quietest voice speaks the loudest.
VA 1 - Wallyworld 0-wally-world-cartoon.jpg 

Old 03-27-2011, 01:24 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
After reading all of that I still fail to graps the reason for the whole ordeal. Why put the recip in your pocket to begin with just hold it in your hand.

Sounds to me like the guy was looking for a fight and waiting for someone to TOUCH him so he could then throw himself to the ground and claim injury and loss of a newly purchased TV.

It is called Loss Prevention.

Again Not sure why so many people have a big grief with wal-mart anyways.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:09 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
After reading all of that I still fail to graps the reason for the whole ordeal. Why put the recip in your pocket to begin with just hold it in your hand.
which is what I always do but I think this guy wanted to pick on the mercantile bully.

Beyond their overbearing ways I like a nearby Walmart. In fact we just had a local special election okaying one in my town. The places that hate Walmart are often places with a still flourishing downtown area. Walmart kills off small local businesses.

I try to avoid shopping there if I can afford such a luxury but times are tough. Toiletries, nicotine patches, bullets, flowers & pots, jeans and automotive stuff are all much cheaper at wallyworld and I need that break.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.