Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-02-2010, 12:02 PM  

Woodbridge, Virginia
Are You Prepared? Bug Out?

My family and I recently purchased 12 acres of super selcuded property up in the mountains along the boarder of west Virginia. On this property is a cabin, a well, a creek and tons of bear, deer, etc. Why did we do it? Two reasons. One.... who would NOT want a private place to shoot and have a great time on the weekends? Two: With the country in the state that it is in, mealtdown could occure at any moment. i dont know about you, but I will not stick around the suburbs to await the zombie invasion. We will be safe and sound up high, waiting out the storm. how about you? Are you prepared? Have you considered what you will do WTSHTF? I hope that you have a plan. If so.... share your thoughts here and you might inspire your fellow Americans to get off of the couch and get ready.

Old 11-16-2010, 01:20 PM  

winchester, va
when the SHTF

You are right about the zombies. When the SHTF they will be out in full force.
I really hate the city. No one seems to think any further than there next meal.
If something really were to happen, they would be knocking on the doors of those who have prepared. The traffic sucks and if you had to leave you could play hell trying to get out. I live near Winchester Va, and hope my current home will be my BOL.
With 22 acres, I have a nice place to shoot, hunt as well as grow a garden if I choose.
I have taken the time to research and put in place a long term food storage program as well as keep a supply of Ammo.
I have tried to get others involved, but they always seem to think its foolish. I have only found a few who want to actually get involved and do the same.
My next project I am hoping to install a precast septic tank in the ground and use for a root cellar. Its nice to know others are out spreading the word.

Old 11-17-2010, 08:24 AM  

princeton wv, west virginia
paranoid is paranoid, bro
Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 PM  

VA
Hmmmm

Yeah, that's a little much. I mean, it would be great and all having a hideaway in the woods, but unless you live there, it's useless. C'mon... If there was a disaster of some sort, how would you even get there? When someone gets a a freakin' hangnail on 495 the entire area is gridlocked.
Old 12-02-2010, 08:46 AM  

I am less worried about Zombies and more teh fall of socities. more people more problems. most folks I know have less than 3 days worth of food in their homes. Have you ever asked a CEO or banker to build a fire, scavange for food.

Dont think this should be someware in the back of your mind. Look at history spicifically rome. they had no solutions for there fighting men once they came home job loss no land not income devalue of the coin.

We are on a similar track. It may not happen in my life time but i could happen in my childrens. I have more fear for peopel that can nto help them selves than zombies. zombies wnat food and you can spot them. your neightbor want your food your shelter your protection and in most cases will offer nothing in return.

need more proof look at your work enviroments. how many peopel ahve tossed you under the bus to attempt to get ahead.
It will only get worse till it breaks.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:50 PM  

Herndon, VA
Living 20 minutes outside DC...if SHTF here i'm pretty much effed. I don't own land but i have a friend with 1000 acres in warren county...maybe if im nice he'll let me go there. I can live off the land just fine, and have a bugout bag in my house, as well as about 10,000 rounds of ammunition. Sure that sounds like a lot, but the only way to save on ammo is to buy in bulk. I'm a normal white collar worker, great job, manage a team of 4 guys...nice as you can be, brew beer...so i'm not crazy, i just found some good deals on the calibers i shoot so I took the opportunity to stock up!
Old 12-03-2010, 03:53 PM  

winchester, va
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbranham View Post
I am less worried about Zombies and more teh fall of socities. more people more problems. most folks I know have less than 3 days worth of food in their homes. Have you ever asked a CEO or banker to build a fire, scavange for food.

Dont think this should be someware in the back of your mind. Look at history spicifically rome. they had no solutions for there fighting men once they came home job loss no land not income devalue of the coin.

We are on a similar track. It may not happen in my life time but i could happen in my childrens. I have more fear for peopel that can nto help them selves than zombies. zombies wnat food and you can spot them. your neightbor want your food your shelter your protection and in most cases will offer nothing in return.

need more proof look at your work enviroments. how many peopel ahve tossed you under the bus to attempt to get ahead.

The fall of socieities create the zombies. Zombie is just a simplistic term we use for those individuals who are less prepared and have become desperate. They are so desperate they want whatever their hungry hands can get from those who have prepared. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst. it doesnt take much to store away a few things for a rainy day.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:10 PM  

winchester, va
Quote:

how many peopel have tossed you under the bus to attempt to get ahead.

This quote is very good for posting on the refrigerator as a gentle reminder before we leave for work. From Blue collar to white collar? we are all familiar with that damn bus!!
Old 12-03-2010, 04:18 PM  

winchester, va
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellman View Post
Living 20 minutes outside DC...if SHTF here i'm pretty much effed. I don't own land but i have a friend with 1000 acres in warren county...maybe if im nice he'll let me go there. I can live off the land just fine, and have a bugout bag in my house, as well as about 10,000 rounds of ammunition. Sure that sounds like a lot, but the only way to save on ammo is to buy in bulk. I'm a normal white collar worker, great job, manage a team of 4 guys...nice as you can be, brew beer...so i'm not crazy, i just found some good deals on the calibers i shoot so I took the opportunity to stock up!
if your buddy with the 1000 acres doesnt come through for you, just get on route 7 west and head my way with your 10k rounds.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:27 AM  

Leesburg, VA
If things went downhill that quickly, I'm afraid my family would be in big trouble. We've tried to stock up on huge bags of rice, but have no acreage to speak of. I need a gun!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads