Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-01-2011, 02:05 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
2011 Memorial Day Ahtanum Snow Run

2011 Memorial Day Ahtanum Snow Run
By Clay Graham

On Memorial Day (Monday May 30th, 2011) the All Wheelers Off Road Club met up at the Ahtanum Sno-park for a run looking to snow wheel. The snow level was not to far up the hill.

We ran Whites Ridge Loop Road and up Whites Ridge 4x4 Trail Just past McLaine Canyon Road we hit snow. We could not get past an off camber snow drift section so we had to turn around. My rig (The Tweety Jeep) slid off the trail and got some damage as we were trying to get back up on the trail. The front grill assembly got ripped off, the passenger side front fender got smashed, I blew a bead on the front passenger side tire and I ripped part of the right lower control arm bracket as I smashed it.

Once my rig was back up the trail, we headed on down taking McLaine Canyon Road to the Mid Fork Ahtanum road. At this point we ran up to Tree Phones. We snow wheeled the camp driveway loops then took a break to let the kids run.

We all decided to head home from Tree Phones. After getting back down to the Sno-park and giving my keys to Sparky so she could drive my tow rig home, Craigen, BlindPilot, Test Dummy and I ran over Red Saddle and head out the South Fork Ahtanum Road.

This was a very fun day thanks to all who came. The Tweety Jeep may not feel the same way.

Click here for the full report and pictures!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.