Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 04:41 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
Initiative 1100

Thoughts?
I think I'm going to vote yes on this one.
The only argument against this initiative is that it would allow liquor to be sold in more places at more times by more people. Hundreds or more state employee cashiers would lose their job. And if you wanted to stretch it, I guess the possibility of petty crime could go up.

Old 10-07-2010, 01:20 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
I think I am for this. Why does the state need to run liquor stores. Why spend money on state employee benefits and salaries for what amounts to a cashier. I think it would allow more small guys to have an opportunity as well.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:48 PM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
I'm actually voting against it, but for1105, becuase although I agree that the state should be out of the liquor sales business, (and concentrate on enforcment), I don't belive distrubutors should be axed out along with them.

the reduction of state fee's, along with free market, will lower the prices enough without cutting out the distributors, IMHO.

Hoss
Old 10-07-2010, 10:51 PM  

Bellevue, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoonHoss View Post
I'm actually voting against it, but for1105, becuase although I agree that the state should be out of the liquor sales business, (and concentrate on enforcment), I don't belive distrubutors should be axed out along with them.

the reduction of state fee's, along with free market, will lower the prices enough without cutting out the distributors, IMHO.

Hoss
I did hear about 1105 but not much. Is it actually going to be on the ballot? I can get behind that. I really don't care much about this issue but why not get the government out of the liquor business?
Old 10-08-2010, 08:28 AM  
most definitely a nobody

Tacoma-ish, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
I did hear about 1105 but not much. Is it actually going to be on the ballot? I can get behind that. I really don't care much about this issue but why not get the government out of the liquor business?
they BOTH are, which will be intersting, because if they BOTH pass, the legislature has to figure out how to implement conflicting legislature.

http://www.sos.wa.gov/elections/init...text/i1105.pdf

you only hear about 1100 because Costco has their money behind it.

Hoss
Old 10-12-2010, 06:16 PM  

seattle, wa
already voted for them both. i need me some booze at 7/11 haha
Old 10-13-2010, 08:23 AM  

Lawrenceburg, KY
It could be worse. I moved to KY. They have drive-thru liquor stores here! Yep, drive on up, get a bottle of Mad Dog, drive off with it.

Oh, and there is a Bourbon county. It's a dry county, meaning you can't sell or buy alcohol in that county. Does that make any sense????
Old 10-15-2010, 10:23 AM  

Rochester, WA
I'm with Bender. My family owns a local convienent store. Due to the economy, of course our sales are down. Having another item to sell will help us out tremendously. How many times have you bought Liquor and needed snacks, etc. Well, with the new Liquor bringing new customers, they can buy add-on sales, which will help our bottom line.
And as for the current WSLCB employees, they can go from being stockers/cashiers to monitors. Make sure stores aren't selling to minors. We have been in business for 8 years. We have never sold to a minor. We have been thanked by the BATF and WSLCB because in those 8 years, when they have "stinged" us, we have always passed with flying colors. Any store that does not, is just untrained. So that should never be used as a reason. If a minor wants alcohol, unfortunately, they will find a way. bigger brother, parents, older friends. Now it falls onto parental training and supervision.
that's my $0.02
Old 10-15-2010, 12:37 PM  

Renton, Washington
I'm all for getting the state out of the liquor business. I want competetive prices.

Thanks for the info on 1105. I hadn't heard about the conflicting initiatives.
Old 10-15-2010, 04:23 PM  

Edmonds, Washington
I was in Cali in early September. My wife and I decided at 9pm that we wanted Margaritas. In Napa valley there arent that many little dive places that make a good Margarita, so I drove to the Grocery store, picked up a bottle of our favorite Tequilla ($25 LESS than we pay here at home in WA) and we had a great night.

Let's bring that spontaneity to Washington

Yes Please!

McBrando

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads