Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-16-2010, 10:46 PM  

Bellingham, Washington
Long Beach Peninsula.

I want to get this on the map, so to speak.

I live there, BTW

Old 09-16-2010, 11:35 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Can you drive on the beach there?

Old 09-17-2010, 07:44 PM  

Bellingham, Washington
Yes, you may drive on the beach. There are times and places you cannot, however.

Taken from www.funbeach.com/activities/beachdriving:

The Peninsula shoreline is a Washington State Highway. All drivers and vehicles must be licensed and insured just as on any other State Highway (Sorry, no ATVs). The speed limit is 25 mph, with extra caution to be taken for other vehicles, pedestrians, sunbathers, and beach debris. The beach is patrolled frequently and all laws are strictly enforced. Reckless or careless driving is not tolerated and can result in expensive tickets and even license suspension, so please, play it safe! Parking is allowed.

The beach is always open and free to pedestrians, equestrians and bicyclists. Sections of the beach are open to automobiles year round while others are closed April 15 through the day after Labor Day (some closed sections are open during recreational razor clam season). The beach closures protect the delicate nesting grounds of migratory birds as well as give families a place to play on the beach without concern for vehicle traffic.

I hope that helps. I was going to put that in my own words, but that is simply more of an elegant way of doing it......

I live about 3/4 of a mile from the Klipsan Beach approach and take the beach all the way to town when I can. I don't advise driving the beach unless you are driving a 4 wheel drive vehicle or are very skilled in avoiding getting stuck. Tows aren't cheap and only one or two companies tow people off the beach.

I highly recommend a visit. Long Beach itself is very tourist oriented with lots of shops and restaurants.

I live out in Ocean Park, which is about 10 miles north of Long Beach. The farther you go north from Long Beach, the more homes you will run into. If you are looking to relocate, now would be the time. Lots of houses on the market!

Just in case no-one has heard of Long Beach, WA here is where we are:

We are located 30 miles North of Astoria Ore on the SW Washington Coastline. To go to Long Beach From Astoria, Or take the Astoria/Megler Bridge north to Washington, when get to the end of the Bridge, turn Left and follow road into Chinook, WA. Go through Chinook and continue North until you see the KOA Campground, from there, Turn Right and follow the road the end, then turn left and continue into Long Beach.

To go into Ilwaco, instead of turning at the KOA, keep going straight and follow the curves into Ilwaco. At the light in Ilwaco you can Left to the Port of Ilwaco, or Right and follow US 101 into Seaview and Long Beach.

To continue to the North end of the Peninsula, take either Sandridge Road or the main highway north.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:01 AM  

Bellevue, Washington
I'll have to mark that down as another place to visit. I don't get out to that area very often but I love to every chance I get.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:16 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa View Post
I'll have to mark that down as another place to visit. I don't get out to that area very often but I love to every chance I get.

Make sure to go to Marsh's Museum.....

Marsh's Free Museum in Long Beach WA
Old 10-08-2010, 07:32 PM  

Bellingham, Washington
Marsh's is definitely worth a visit! Also, if you own a 4x4 (needs to be lifted and locked , both front and rear), go play down at beards hollow (on the rocks only, no dunes; period).

Let me know when you'll be down. If I'm not in class, I could meet you somewhere!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:10 PM  

vancouver, washington
We own a place on klipsan beach access. Were the family that burned down that shabby house.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:35 PM  

Issaquah, Washington
Long Beach, Salmon fishing in August (Ilwaco), Great Kite Festival in July, and a fantastic Hot Rod show in September.

Have fun, Mike

Long Beach, Washington: Long Beach Peninsula Visitors Bureau
Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 PM  

Olympia, Washington
You need to get down there for the Hotrod show. It's a blast. As well as the kite festival.

Bob K.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:59 PM  

Bellingham, Washington
I live literally a couple miles from the Rod Run car show grounds. Talk about front row seats!

Come up and see us sometime!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads