Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-19-2011, 08:23 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I think that if I were out to slash someone's tires, or hit someone with a bottle, that the guy with a .45 under his left arm would be the last guy I'd go for...
Let me start by saying I am very much not anti-LEO. My Brother is a cop, I was going to be, but life changes directions.

That being said, I would be scared to open carry in Seattle right now as in the past few months I have seen some stories of possibly over zealous LEO. In general, I tend to side with LEO as generally, if the "victim" had followed simple commands, nothing would come of it, but some of these events are happening so fast, that I fear I would be shot preemptively or hit from behind.

I still think concealed is the only way to fly in a populous environment.

Old 01-20-2011, 01:32 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm also a concealed-only guy. Mainly because I have two kids and I don't want them around a bunch of people brandishing guns out in the open, so I want to be polite and not force my views on other people.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-20-2011, 09:12 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
laws are strange

My thoughts lie more toward the Conceal Carry. It isn't the advantage I seek; it is the advantage I ''could possibly'' have.

Many ''laws'' are strange; many officers that I have met; have different interpretations.

In my case; follow the instructions; hand them the card; and move on.
It isn't that I'm giving up a right, I'm maintaining within the law; my right.
complex but very simple
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-29-2011, 06:37 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
Let me start by saying I am very much not anti-LEO. My Brother is a cop, I was going to be, but life changes directions.

That being said, I would be scared to open carry in Seattle right now as in the past few months I have seen some stories of possibly over zealous LEO. In general, I tend to side with LEO as generally, if the "victim" had followed simple commands, nothing would come of it, but some of these events are happening so fast, that I fear I would be shot preemptively or hit from behind.

I still think concealed is the only way to fly in a populous environment.
I open carry in Seattle all the time... most are quite friendly and not at all like that over zealous jerkwad who shot that poor guy with a knife who wasn't even threatening anyone.
Old 01-29-2011, 06:46 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I'm also a concealed-only guy. Mainly because I have two kids and I don't want them around a bunch of people brandishing guns out in the open, so I want to be polite and not force my views on other people.
Use a dictionary and find out what brandish actually means. Having a weapon on your hip is NOT brandishing. It must be in your hand in order to be considered brandishing.... it is ignorant people like you who give ammunition to the gun grabbers.

When it comes to our Second Amendment rights, there can be ZERO give on the issue on the unalienable right to keep and bear arms... no one... Not the Feds, State or even Local government has the right to strip you of that right unless you have purposely violated someone else's unalienable rights... short of doing that... our 2A rights are untouchable... and every time someone like you gives an inch... they take a mile!

On this subject... there is no middle ground! There is no room for moderation... and if you think there is... then you are ready to get in line to the proverbial slaughterhouse of Liberty. Liberty cannot be maintained if it has no teeth... because the Dudley Dorights and Nora Nannies of the world will pass so much legislation that everything you do will be breaking some law... the way to create a police state is to make every act illegal... and you people seem to accept their stupid arguments of "Common Sense" which are little more than thinly veiled usurpations of our Liberty. Benjamin Franklin said it himself... "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

The opposite of Liberty is Slavery which is what you give up when you accept their arguments. There can be no common ground... we are either free... or we are slaves... I know which I am and I know which I will never abide... how about you?
Old 01-29-2011, 06:53 PM  

Just being curious, are you allowed to enter a bar or drink while "open carrying?"
Old 01-30-2011, 12:53 PM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
NC bars and firearms

havasu: Sir, NC concealed carry or otherwise; NO. in any establishment that serves alcohol
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-30-2011, 08:42 PM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by neophyte View Post
havasu: Sir, NC concealed carry or otherwise; NO. in any establishment that serves alcohol
Not true... in any place that will not serve under 21, then yes, in every other place that serves alcohol, if minors are allowed in, so are open carried guns.
Old 01-30-2011, 09:18 PM  

If guns are allowed where drinking is allowed, I'd hate to see the testosterone flowing when one has just a bit too much alcohol. Sounds like a recipe for disaster!
Old 01-30-2011, 10:45 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSRepublic View Post
Not true... in any place that will not serve under 21, then yes, in every other place that serves alcohol, if minors are allowed in, so are open carried guns.
He is in NC, not WA so laws are different.

In WA, OC and CC are both allowed in under 21 areas, and both prohibited in over 21 areas.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads