Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 02-24-2012, 06:42 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Report: Cowiche Ridge Snow Wheeling w/the Peak Putters - Feb 18 2012

Cowiche Ridge Snow Wheeling with the Peak Putters
Report & photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Ahtanum State Forest Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Saturday February 18th, 2012 I met BlindPilot and Joker at Highland Quick Stop for breakfast and fuel. Around 8:40 AM we headed out to meet up with the Peak Putters at the parking area at the end of the pavement on Cowiche Mill Road. I rode along with BlindPilot in his TJ.

Once we meet with the Peak Putters at the Cowiche Mill Parking area and were aired down, we headed up the gravel part of Cowiche Mill Road. Then we turned on C-1000 and went up on Cowiche Ridge. A few miles up around the private lots the snow got deep and became a challenge. It was time to let more air out. The stock JK turned around and headed back.

We moved on up the ridge stopping here and there when someone got stuck. At the Strobach Mountain 4x4 Trailhead we stopped for lunch.

After lunch we headed up the Strobach Mountain 4x4 Trail. At the Hogback a few rigs tried to make it over. Roy broke trail around the Hogback. Command14 got crossed up on top of the Hogback and had to back down the side of it. Once he was down, we all headed around where Roy broke trail. It was a challenge to get around the Hogback since it was off camber.

On up the Strobach Mountain 4x4 Trail the snow got deeper. The hill right before where the trail gets tight in the trees, stopped us from going any farther. A few tried but were denied.

We headed back down Cowiche Ridge. Right before dropping off the ridge, we took a break and added air to the tires.

We dropped on down and parted ways from the Peak Putters at Cowiche Mill Road. With BlindPilot and Joker's TJs, we headed up Cowiche Mill Road and turned up Doggone Road. At the Y we headed toward the East. The wind started blowing snow real hard so we decided to turn around. As we came back down the wind had already blew enough snow to cover our tire tracks.

We headed out and aired up back at the Cowiche Parking area. After air BlindPilot dropped me off at Highland Quick Stop so I could get my rig.

This was a very fun time. Thank you Peak Putters for the invite. Thank you BlindPilot for the ride.

See full report with more photos & videos at: Peak Putters Cowiche Mill 4x4 Snow Run - Feb 18 2012

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!