Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2012, 11:16 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Report: Eastern Washington Adventures Sledding Run - Jan 29 2012

Sledding/Snow Wheeling Run at the Ahtanum State Forest
Report & photos by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

Ahtanum State Forest Photo by Clay Graham / Eastern Washington Adventures

On Sunday January 29th, 2012 we had a redo of our annual sledding run at the Ahtanum State Forest for the Eastern Washington Adventures members since the one is December did not work out.

Around 10 AM we met up at the Highland Quick Stop in Cowiche and convoyed to the parking area at the end of the pavement on Cowiche Mill Road to air down. We headed up the gravel part of Cowiche Mill Road, turn on C-1000 and went up on Cowiche Ridge. The snow was just perfect for snow wheeling.

We had a few hill climbs Victor's Bronco could not make. The group helped Victor get through the tougher sections. I broke trail until the drifts got deep. I made a mess out of the snow on one climb around a bend since I only have a rear locker the caused the rig to crab walk. I hit one tree and broke off my passenger side taillight again. Once everyone was through that part, BlindPilot took the lead pulling Victors Bronco. BlindPilot pulled Victor's Bronco a a long way breaking trail up hill. I have to say, BlindPilot's rig with the Bronco in tow still out did mine. I think BlindPilot's rig runs on Pixie Dust.

The ones that wanted to sled did in the areas we had to do recovery. The main two times was the first climb Victor's rig had trouble and then another rig had problems on top of the Hogback.

Near dark after getting everyone off of the Strobach Mountain 4x4 Trail, we headed out with BlindPilot leading the way. We dropped down Nasty Creek and aired up at the corrals.

This was a very fun day snow wheeling and sledding thanks to who came.

See full report with 100 photos and 2 videos at: Ahtanum Sledding/Snow Wheeling Run - Jan 29 2012

Old 01-31-2012, 05:52 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
You know I love that Ford!
I would only drive it on weekends in the summer on account of all the salt on the roads in the winter
Report: Eastern Washington Adventures Sledding Run - Jan 29 2012-cowiche_020.jpg 

Old 02-01-2012, 09:54 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
You know I love that Ford!
I would only drive it on weekends in the summer on account of all the salt on the roads in the winter
We are lucky there isn't that much use of salt on the roads around our area. Not sure what is in that de-icer though.
Old 02-02-2012, 08:58 AM  

Salt

Hey Ceg guess what that is what they are are using on our roads now liquad salt, all the cities, county and state, I retired form the county down here and used a lot of it, they say it won't harm a thing but you should see what it has done to there truck's after a winters use.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.