Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-31-2011, 05:32 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Western Washington Brew Tour - Jan 2011

Western Washington Brew Tour - Day 1 of 3
Report by Clay Graham

The last few years for our wedding anniversary my wife and I take a break from the kids and getaway. This year I had to be at the Washington State Lands Meeting in Union Gap on that weekend so we decided to celebrate a week early. This worked out well since it was Martin Luther King Jr. weekend and the kids did not have school on Monday. The last two years we went to Leavenworth. This year for our 17 year Anniversary we wanted to do something different where we could do some fun stuff with our family on the west side of the state. With that said, here is our Urban Adventure;

On Friday January14th, 2011 we left our home in Selah Washington around 10 AM and headed west with the family in our Suburban. We took White Pass over. It was warm out and raining. The snow was melting causing a lot of water to come off the mountains. As we were driving in the Rimrock area, big rocks were rolling out in front of us onto the highway. It looked like something off a cool action movie but one I did not want to be in.

A few hours later we make it to my Sister-in-law Chrissy's home in Gig Harbor. My other sister-in-law Teresa was there with her new baby. As soon as my brother-in-law Trever got home we were out of there to let the women talk. We headed to 7 Seas Brewing to check it out. The brewery was just down from his house. We pulled in to find the place was packed. We decide to go somewhere else and come back to 7 Seas Brewing on Sunday. We stopped for a beer at the Sunset Grill. They had a nice lounge, friendly people and great service. After one beer it was time to head back to my Trever's house to start the part of our wedding anniversary without the kids. I dropped Trever off and picked up my wife. We headed to my brother Ron's house in Kent. Awhile later we got to Ron's where he and his wife Christina were ready to take us out.

On the night of Friday January 14th 2011 we went to the Trade Route Brewing Company in Pacific Washington. It is located in a warehouse complex toward the rear.

The Tap Room is the same room where the beer is made with a divider in between.

We found us a table off to the side so we could check things out. We ordered a pizza and the brew samplers.

I believe the food was brought in from someone else but it was there in no time and very good.

The beer was flavorful in a good way. The service was a little slow when the place fill up.
They could have used a little more help for the crowd they had. Over all I liked the Trade Route Brewing Company and hope to go back some day.

Our next stop was at Gator's in Kent. Gator's is pretty much your topical sports bar. The sever was great and worth stopping if you are driving through Kent.

See day 2 of the Western Washington Brew Tour

Old 02-02-2011, 12:47 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Western Washington Brew Tour - Day 2 of 3
Report by Clay Graham

On the Saturday January 15th, 2011 we left my brother Ron's place in Kent and headed to Seattle for day two of our Western Washington Brew Tour.

Our first stop was at Pyamid Alehouse across the street from Safeco Field.

The food, beer and server were all great at Pyramid Alehouse! I would like to come back someday.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:52 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Next we went a few blocks away across from Quest Field to Elysian Fields.

This place was big.

We shared a sampler since we had more places to see. Elysian beer was very different from others.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:59 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Next we headed over to Woodinville so the ladies could hit some wineries and we could check out Redhook.

The first stop in Woodinville was at Columbia Winery.

The ladies did some wine tasting and I walked around checking things out.

Across the road was Chateau Ste. Michelle. This place has beautiful grounds.

The ladies did some wine tasting and we took a walk.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:22 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Finely back on track. Just down the road was Redhook Brewery.

A big tap room called "Forecasters Pub".

I hear the food is good but since the place was packed, we just had the brew samplers.

Walking back out to the car.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:24 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Next we took the highway to Bellevue.

The first stop was at Rock Bottom Restaurant & Brewery.

We ordered the samplers a long with some appetizers.

This place is huge.

Old 02-02-2011, 02:34 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Just across the walk was the Tap House.

160 beers on tap.

A sampler of who knows what.

Back at my brother Ron's place we got to enjoy some of the beers we picked up along our Brew Tour.

On this day we stopped at a few more places but not all 69 pictures fit here. You can see the full Day 2 of 3 report here: Western Washington Brew Tour - Day 2 of 3
Old 02-02-2011, 02:42 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Western Washington Brew Tour - Day 3 of 3
Report by Clay Graham

On Sunday January 16th, 2011 we left my brother Ron's place in Kent and headed toward Gig Harbor for day three of our Western Washington Brew Tour.

In Gig Harbor I dropped my wife off at her sitters and my brother-in-law Trever jumped in so we go check out 7 Seas Brewing.

We were just a little early and had to wait for them to open the gate.

Inside the Tap room was small but nice. We ordered the samplers.

From the Tap Room you can look down on where they make the beer.

My Brother-in-law Trever having a good time. We both enjoyed this place.

We got a growler of British Pale Ale to go and head to see other places. I will be back to 7 Seas someday.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:43 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
We went down to the water to a place called Tides Tavern.

We just ordered a light beer and checked the place out.

The Tides Tavern was very roomy inside and had a great view over the water.
The service was great. Another good place to stop in.
Old 02-02-2011, 02:44 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
The next stop was down the road at Anthony's.

Down stairs there is a lounge.

There is a very cool view from the lounge.

A very nice bar too.

After a beer we headed on. Here is the view outside Anthony's.

We went down the road for dinner at the HY-IU-HEE-HEE.

A lot of beer on tap.

The food was real good at the HY-IU-HEE-HEE but the service was a little slow. I would come back again.

After dinner we headed back to Trever's house to share the growler with the wives.

That was the end of this Western Washington Brew Tour.

I plan to do a few more Western Washington Brew Tours since there is so many places I did not have time to go to.
These and other adventures can be found at EasternWashingtonOffRoad.com.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads