Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 12-07-2010, 03:53 PM  

Seattle, Washington
I prefer the smaller places that roast their own beans to more of a medium roast like Cafe Ladro's or Pete's rather that the larger chains like Starbucks that over roast them. Besides when you roast the beans to medium rather than something like a French roast, you get more caffeine

Old 12-14-2010, 01:08 PM  

Seattle, Washington
I think I've heard coffee snobs pretty much bash every coffee place there is. In one conversation I hear about Diva Espresso, in another I hear Diva Espresso is sh*t. These friends all work in the coffee industry, have a lot of experience and knowledge. Leaves me to conclude that it's all hot air. Everyone has different tastes and that's something to be honored.

Venti Mocha from Oddfellows. They serve it in a big glass (not a mug). All of your senses get to enjoy it.

Old 12-15-2010, 09:28 PM  

Chehalis, Wa
The best coffee around here

Santa Lucia in Centralia, WA the absolute best roast around, little family roasting company that puts their heart and sole into a premium product.

Littleguy
Old 12-21-2010, 10:31 AM  

Bellingham, Wa
They are not from Seattle but Moka Joe's coffee from Bellingham Wa is freaking fantastic. They are a small roaster that makes amazing coffee. The Shackletons Stout is epic!
Old 12-28-2010, 02:00 PM  

Man there are some fantastic hole in the wall places. If you're ever on the West side of the pond, here are some faves:

Pegasus on Bainbridge Island, Olympic Coffee in Bremerton, Forza in Gig Harbor (that one's a chain, but good)
Old 12-28-2010, 02:29 PM  

Seattle, WA
I can't stand Starbucks. The baristas don't actually know how to make an espresso drink anymore. They all have automatic machines.

Vivace is, at its worst, far better than starbucks. I also go to Uptown, Cafe Ladro. Anyone who serves Stumptown is a good bet. Most of the little stands in the burbs are worse than Starbucks. I stay away from them.

Seattle's best is owned by Starbucks, and is pretty much the same now. Tullys isn't terrible if there's nothing else good around.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:20 AM  

Seattle, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexit View Post
I can't stand Starbucks. The baristas don't actually know how to make an espresso drink anymore. They all have automatic machines.
Yeah, I wouldn't order a Cafe Romano or anything but out of curiosity what espresso drinks are you ordering?

The machines automatically tamp, pull the shot, and dump the grounds. I can imagine that's nice for the baristas when you're making that many drinks.

I also have an appreciation for the consistency those machines bring. I went to one of those hole in the wall cafe's and my non fat latte was a dead shot in cold whole milk.
Old 01-03-2011, 11:20 AM  

Vashon, Washington
On Vashon Island it's Movie Magic.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!