Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Click Here to Login

Old 02-05-2011, 12:34 PM  

Yakima, Washington
Where is Yakima in all this?

Well just as the title says???? Why wouldn't they have us in here?

Old 02-06-2011, 03:48 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
That would be nice since the Yakima Area has a lot to offer. Like wineries, camping, fishing, hunting, hiking, off road trails, site seeing etc.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:08 PM  

I think the reason Yakima isnt listed under a major section is strictly due to its size. The population of the entire Yakima valley isnt huge, and if you factor in the percentage of people who find their way to this site means that representation for Yakima and surrounding areas is not high.
I would be more than willing to bet that the more people you can get on this site posting on/about Yakima the better your chance of getting "main page callout".

I visited Yakima on several occasions, both while in the Army and as a contractor for the Army. While it was a very quaint town, there really wasnt much that stood out as a draw for me to want to visit while not on a training exercise.
Wine making is a large part of what the valley does. While some can be quite good, you do not necessarily need to visit the valley to partake in the wines.

I think a large part of it is that people need to become aware of what the Yakima area has to offer. The majority of the population of America could probably only recognize the name because of the Ski-rack company that started life in the area.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:01 PM  

i'm sure they just go by the size of the population, i was suprised there was no wenatchee
Old 02-15-2011, 12:19 PM  
Ceg

Selah, Washington
Joe Parsons' Yakima Valley Story
Old 02-16-2011, 11:37 PM  

Kittitas, WA
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamrules View Post
i'm sure they just go by the size of the population, i was suprised there was no wenatchee

What about a "Central Washington" section?

Maybe do it by county???
Old 02-17-2011, 10:52 AM  

I feel yakima should be included as well. Especially with the agriculture and stuff
Old 02-21-2011, 11:20 AM  

Spokane, WA
I agree.. A Central Washington forum would be nice... Central Washington as well as Othello, Moses Lake, and the rest of the Columbia Basin have a lot to offer.. It's a sportsmens paradise around there.. I grew up in Yakima and spent a good many years lving out in the Wenas Valley out past Wenas Lake.. Used to do a lot of fishing there..
Old 03-22-2011, 04:56 PM  

That would be a great idea considering Washington is the only state with a rain forest and desert in its boundaries. Central and Eastern Washington has a lot to offer!
Old 03-22-2011, 08:19 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger666 View Post
That would be a great idea considering Washington is the only state with a rain forest and desert in its boundaries. Central and Eastern Washington has a lot to offer!
Sorry Badger but Oregon has a rainforest West of the Cascades and Alvord Desert in our Southeast.

I believe Yakima has most of the hop growers in the Pacific NW.

I Badger for a Wisconsin transplant? I spent several years in Milwaukee.
Where is Yakima in all this?-dep-17.jpg 

Where is Yakima in all this?-hotspring_nearalvord-desert-oregon.jpg 

Where is Yakima in all this?-alone-alvord-desert-se-oregon.jpg 

Where is Yakima in all this?-silver-falls-state-park-oregon.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington
Bookmark this Page!