Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-11-2010, 01:50 PM  

summerz county, west Virginia
homebrewing???

Anyone on here into homebrewing?? Started about a year ago christmas. Another gift my wife gave me!! Its a great addiction, i mean hobby!!!

Old 12-11-2010, 02:49 PM  

Tacoma, Washington
Me and my bro-in-law homebrew. It is a great hobby. I love the end results especially.

What are you brewing at the moment?

Old 12-15-2010, 10:55 AM  

Cairo, WV
I love brewing! Me and the wife do it together--she's creates the best recipes, it's amazing. We have a sweet stout we need to bottle and some brown ale to consume/make more of...
Old 12-29-2010, 02:47 AM  

Huntington, WV
I have brewed for about two years now. Huntington actually has a pretty active homebrew community. One "official" group and a few unofficial ones. I haven't had time to be very active outside the home (9 month old), but plan to be more active in the near future.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 AM  

I live up in the morgantown area and am trying to get started brewing. Just haven't had the right combination of time/money while being a college student. i was hoping to get more into the odd stuff you don't see around. Mead, gruit ales and the like. I have the Pappazian book on brewing and have seen many ideas I want to try. Anyone else in the morgantown area?
Old 01-03-2011, 08:03 AM  

Fairmont, WV
xice (and others), check out the West Virginia Craft Beer Appreciation Society website. It has a forum section, as well.

Also, there is a WV Homebrewers Society meeting every third Thursday of the month at Morgantown Brewing company. The contact person for the event has a WVU email address, too - Homebrewers Club Meeting
Old 01-12-2011, 03:31 PM  

Huntington, WV
I haven't done any but sure would like too, is there any starter kits or any tips for some one gretting ready to try it for the first time?
Old 01-12-2011, 04:13 PM  

Galloway, Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
xice (and others), check out the West Virginia Craft Beer Appreciation Society website. It has a forum section, as well.

Also, there is a WV Homebrewers Society meeting every third Thursday of the month at Morgantown Brewing company. The contact person for the event has a WVU email address, too - Homebrewers Club Meeting
TJinWV, do you homebrew?
Old 01-13-2011, 06:44 AM  

Fairmont, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dagr8tim View Post
TJinWV, do you homebrew?
Unfortunately no. One of those hobbies that I have the desire to take up, but neither the time nor the money. I have a couple friends that brew, and enjoy sampling their wares. Kevin (WVHeep) used to - not sure if he still does now that he's got a family or not.
Old 01-13-2011, 06:56 AM  

Galloway, Oh
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
Unfortunately no. One of those hobbies that I have the desire to take up, but neither the time nor the money. I have a couple friends that brew, and enjoy sampling their wares. Kevin (WVHeep) used to - not sure if he still does now that he's got a family or not.
I completely understand. I'd love to get into brewing, but have too many distractions already.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!