Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2010, 02:11 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Los Angeles, California
Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks

Old 09-13-2010, 09:41 PM  

Princeton, West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLCinLA View Post
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.
Thanks
West Virginia is the.....ummmmmm....well.........I wouldn't visit here either.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:59 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Don't listen to Trucker, I wouldn't visit that part of the state either. The Eastern Panhandle is rich in civil war history (Harpers Ferry, Charles Town - where John Brown was tried). It is a stones throw from Antietam and a short drive up to Gettysburg. It's also an hour and a half or so from Baltimore and/or DC.

Also, I'm a big fan of Morgantown where I went to undergrad and law school. I'd take in a football game up there (just don't wear the colors of the team WVU is playing). Lots of other outdoorsy things to do in the state from whitewater rafting to skiing to jumping off a big ole freakin bridge on Bridge Day if that's your thing.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:01 PM  

Princeton, West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbj View Post
Don't listen to Trucker, I wouldn't visit that part of the state either. The Eastern Panhandle is rich in civil war history (Harpers Ferry, Charles Town - where John Brown was tried). It is a stones throw from Antietam and a short drive up to Gettysburg. It's also an hour and a half or so from Baltimore and/or DC.

Also, I'm a big fan of Morgantown where I went to undergrad and law school. I'd take in a football game up there (just don't wear the colors of the team WVU is playing). Lots of other outdoorsy things to do in the state from whitewater rafting to skiing to jumping off a big ole freakin bridge on Bridge Day if that's your thing.
Contradiction, All of the bold is in my part of the state.., But MBJ is right, there is a lot of great things to do in WV, Bridge day is amazing, where else can you watch 1000+ people base jump in a weekend.The New river is great for White Water rafting, The Exhibition coal mine in Beckley is really cool if you have never been in a coal mine. Plus we have the Hatfield and McCoy trails for four wheeling, they are among the best trails in the US. WVU football games are great, just don't go to Marshall for a game.. and the Civil War sites that MBJ mentioned are amazing, gives you a real feeling of history.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:22 AM  

Huntington, WV
if you like the out doors there is all kinds of stuff to do. trout fishing is all ways great, camping, ATV riding, trail riding, hinking, backpacking, hunting, come and give somthing a shot, its a beautiful state once you get out into the wild.
Old 09-23-2010, 10:45 AM  

Huntington, WV
oh yeah you gotta hit up some lake or rivers in a kayak, some of the most fun can be had in a yak here in WV
Old 09-24-2010, 08:31 AM  

Charleston, WV
one good reason=you have a Jeep and we're "The Mountain State" 'nuff said.
Old 09-25-2010, 02:11 PM  

cowen, wv
wild wonderful west virginia enough said
Old 09-25-2010, 02:15 PM  

cowen, wv
i have lived in wv all my life raised my family here would not trade the mountains for any place. if you love the outdoors you will love wv
Old 09-25-2010, 08:30 PM  

Roanoke, Virginia
If you like to ski or snowboard, visit Snowshoe! Great resort!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!