Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 07:19 PM  

Princeton, West Virginia
The Tamarack is at exit 45 on I-77 in Beckley, not Charleston if anyone is interested in going.

Old 10-11-2010, 07:35 AM  

Fairmont, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08_Sahara16 View Post
West Virginia is actually a great state. People underestimate it and I hate when people say it's full of Rednecks, because it's not (although that depends on what part of the state you go to)
Both of my parents are from Parkersburg and we make a yearly trip to visit family still in Parkersburg. Parkersburg is a great area, it has a wide variety of people. It's town varies in living standards. You may be in the slumps 1 minute, make a right turn and you see a development of houses $500,000+.
Blennerhasset Island is a great place to visit too. It's located on the Ohio River, about 15 miles from Parkersburg.
While driving through Charleston, we always stop at an attraction called "Tamarak"
It's a great place to rest after a long drive, look at some cool things, and get some really good food.
Parkersburg's full of rednecks. J/K, I grew up there.

The Tamarack is actually in Beckley, about an hour or so south of Charleston on I-77. It's a very interesting facility, and contains a collection of handmade arts and crafts, all made by West Virginia artisans.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:58 AM  

Frederick, MD
It depends where you go. I've been in morgantown for school and well, its a college town. Other parts are nicer IMO especially if you like to get out of the city for a little while.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:37 PM  

Williamson, WV
If you have a jeep then there is definately plenty of sight seeing to do in the mountains way south of the state......and if you have an ATV then you have the Hatfield Mccoy Trail system to enjoy
Old 10-18-2010, 04:39 PM  

Ironton, OH
This place Heritage Farm Museum and Villiage of Huntington, West Virginia is another reason to visit. once a year las saturday in may the whole farmis alive with many volenteers they have a staem engine not just running but running a saw mill and they are sawing ceder roof shingles. they are shearing sheep and milking cows,....
I missed it this year but it really is something to see.

You can even rent on of the small houses for a honeymoon.
Old 10-19-2010, 06:10 AM  

Fairmont, WV
I don't know how I forgot about this place... Index Top Kick

Top Kick's Military Museum

Equipment includes:
20+ Jeeps
10+ Trucks
2 Ambulances
3 Tracks
Weapons
Field Gear
Mess Gear
Rations
Radios
Uniforms (WWI to Iraq) & More!
Old 10-19-2010, 05:35 PM  

williamsburg, West Virginia
The state road between Williamsburg and Richwood is a GREAT place to try out your 4-wheel drive skills!!
Old 10-20-2010, 02:56 PM  

Charleston, WV
Autumn in WV rivals any state in the Union in color, and without all the traffic of new england
Old 10-21-2010, 02:14 PM  

Princeton, West Virginia
It is very beautiful here.
Old 10-21-2010, 09:57 PM  

Fleming, Ohio
The only reason you need is that West "By God" is amazingly beautiful. Almost untamed. Beyond that, the people are nice and the cities are easy to get around, except Parkersburg.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads