Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Here's a coupe West Virginia scenes near Lewisburg.....a rolling farm meadow and some old buildings along with a mansion on top of the hill.
Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-img_4919-copy.jpg 

Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-panorama-mitchs-sons-farm-little-shack-hill-view.jpg 

Old 12-10-2010, 10:06 AM  
Supporting Member

Along with the beauty of our state, you'll have to drive our highways....speed limit - 70 mph on Interstates, 55 mph otherwise.....roads are great, though.....
Please give me one good reason to visit West Virginia-west-virginia-highway-scene.jpg 

Old 12-15-2010, 01:55 PM  

maryland
New River Valley, Greenbrier county, Snowshoe.........
Old 12-15-2010, 02:06 PM  

Grafton, Wv
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
But you HAVE to come on a Mountaineer home gameday. Morgantown was just named one of the top 10 must-visit tailgating destinations in college football.
X2.. Nothing beats the WVU tailgating. It's hard to beat driving in my jeep with the top down traveling the country roads to Seneca Rocks, Canaan Valley, Blackwater falls, Dolly Sods. Also the winters at those places, the snow looks beautiful in the mountains.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:39 PM  

Elkins, WV
Well this time of year i would venture to WV for either hunting season or to ski.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:41 PM  

Elkins, WV
Bow season for deer is in until Dec. 31st and this week is muzzel-loader season(bucks or does). There are also various small game seasons open now, such as squirle,Ruffed grouse, coyote and others.
Old 12-15-2010, 03:47 PM  

Elkins, WV
Skiing is another option in the Mtn. State this time of year. Snowshoe, Cannan Valley, and Timberline Resort are all excellent East Coast skiing options. Having personally worked at two of these 4 season resorts and been skiing at all three for years, I would have to say that "night skiing at Timberline is my favorite. The slopes arent too crowded and well light plus you get a lower rate for skiing at night. The only downside is that night skiing is only offered on certain days of the week. check out Timberlines web page for details.
Old 12-16-2010, 02:01 AM  

Weirton, West Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJinWV View Post
I have a good friend in Weirton. He's sent me some pictures of the filming there. Pretty cool seeing tanks running around town.
It was pretty neat so see that stuff going on, especially in my home town just crazy stuff to see. The movie comes out in June or July 2011 so it will be cool to watch and be like hey i was there!!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:34 PM  

Elkins, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazing View Post
Morgantown and Eastern Panhandle is great, but they are not so different from the areas on the otherside of the boarder. If I were you and want to take in some real wilderness go to Randolph or Pocahontas County. Elkins is a good hub for a lot of great trips. Dolly Sods is amazing, but don't tell anyone. I live in Montana now and to be honest that part of WV is less developed the Western Montana.
Hey im from Elkins and have to say that you are correct. If you like the outdoors there is really an unlimited amount of possiblities starting from here. Bear Rocks in Dolly Sods is an amazing place. espically when you see the sign that says leave all unexploded ordiance alone...the Rocks were used as a target field in WWI (i think) for artillary and such. I go there to pic blueberries in the early fall and have yet to find anything of the sort.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM  
Supporting Member

John Denver singing "Country Roads - WV".....the first couple photos that are streaming are of the "New River Gorge Bridge and Gorge"...."BASE" jumpers from all over the world come there on "Bridge Day" during the first week of October to jump from this bridge...quite a day....

JumpCuts: Bridge Day '09 Official DVD

Great aerial views of the bridge and the method used for cleaning it.....

A new sport that I just became aware of......y'all probably already know this...

Gravity New River Gorge Zip Lines

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads