Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-29-2010, 10:07 AM  

"I'm ashamed to say I haven't been there since the most recent ownership/name change. " I'll tell you it is a good place to go. Good food and good beer. I heard that at first when they reopened it was horrible and avoided the place. Apparantly someone just needed to teach them how to clean their equipment correctly, only been there a few times but was worth it. You don't even have to buy their growlers, if you have other growlers they will fill them right up.

Old 01-25-2011, 03:27 PM  

Harrisonburg, VA
I had one of Mountaineer Brewing Co's "Vidalia" beer at a beer festival last year. Expected it to taste like an onion...instead it reminded me of a mouthfull of copper. Their Nut Brown is good though.

Old 01-27-2011, 10:52 AM  

Fairmont, WV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1hundred View Post
I had one of Mountaineer Brewing Co's "Vidalia" beer at a beer festival last year. Expected it to taste like an onion...instead it reminded me of a mouthfull of copper. Their Nut Brown is good though.
lol, it's actually 'Vandalia' (the name of a proposed colony in the 1700s that included most of what is now WV), not 'Vidalia' (the onion). I've not had it myself. But I do love Nut Brown.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:52 PM  

Fairmont, WV
Made my way to the newest Mountain State Brewing Company venue in the Wharf District in Morgantown last night. Wood fired pizza and Amber Ale = good stuff!
Old 04-27-2011, 01:38 PM  

Fairmont, WV
Bad News

Hate to share this news, but Mountaineer Brewing Company in Martinsburg has closed.

From their Facebook page:

Quote:
Official announcement: Mountaineer is now closed. This is VERY sad news for all of us. Sales were great but a corporate business decision was made. The brewery is posted for sale @ Probrewer.com now. We thank all of you who have supported us the past 4+ years. Anyone interested in starting a brewery or investing in one please message me. I hope to see you again in the near future. Cheers, Daniel Maerzluft, Brewmaster
Old 09-14-2015, 01:23 AM  

We have two local breweries here in Morgantown... Morgantown Brewing Company and Chestnut Brewery. There is also a restaurant and pub operated by Mountain State Brewing Company of Thomas located here. All three offer wonderful craft beers. My personal favorite is Amber Blonde from Morgantown Brewing Company, but the Mountain State Bock beer is also excellent as are a couple of the Chestnut Brewery beers but I can't remember the names.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > West Virginia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.