Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Western Massachusetts
Click Here to Login

Old 01-18-2011, 04:27 AM  

Keene, New Hampshire
Are there any motorcycle riders here that ride in Western Massachusetts

I ride in Western MA quite a bit in 3 seasons.
I like the Mohawk Trail, the Berkshire's and most other rural roads.
Where are your favorite spots? Do you know of any good routes with twisties?

Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 PM  

chicopee, mass
Going up towards the new york border is a nice ride and taking 202 to route 2 is a real nice ride. You get a good view of quabinn

Old 02-02-2011, 05:10 PM  

southbridge, mass
I like to get lost around the res.. fantastic roads somewhat smooth and great for dualsport rides aswell.. I've been on a few roads that turned dirt then mud then gate hahaha
Old 02-22-2011, 07:03 PM  
Jeep King!

There are lots of motorcycle riders in MA! In the summer time obviously.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM  

Great rides in Western MA

There are lots of wonderful rides in the Berkshires and Pioneer Valley. Try riding to the summit of MA's highest peak, Mt. Greylock, at 3500 feet for a spectacular view. The road was redone a year ago and is in great shape. Access from N. Adams on Rte 2 just west of town. You will see a brown sign on the left. Or access from the Lanesboro side on Rte 7 just north of town with a brown sign on the right.

After entering N. Adams going west, about 3 miles or so after the hairpin turn you will see Rte 8 to your right. This merges with Rte 100 going north in Vermont. One of the most scenic roads in the country.

Try taking the turn toward Monroe at the Mohawk bridge when on Rte 2 in Charlemont and take a great ride through the Zoar Gap and into Vermont. You can stop and swim in the river, if it is hot enough, at a great picnic area on the right going north.

Blue skies, dry roads, keep the rubber on the road.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts > Western Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!