Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 01-13-2011, 06:46 PM  

asheville, nc
Asheville

Asheville is the melting pot of NC and home to some of the best mico-brews in America. It is currently ranked 13 in the nation for micro-brews and is home to some of the best food and coolest people. It all came up around the Biltmore estate which was at the time the largest home in America with about 2.4 million square feet and the worlds first indoor lighted pool. It's just a great place full of good people many of them hippies the other wealthy people from Florida who come there to retire and raise the property value. It is also along the blue ridge parkway and not to far of a drive the the Appalachian trail. I hope everyone gets to enjoy it help keep it weird.

Old 01-17-2011, 04:57 PM  
Closet Nice Guy

Gloucester, VA
I drive by it a few times a year on the way to Charlotte from Murphy but have yet stopped to give it a gander. My wife has gone to the Biltmore Estate and would like to return so that will probably be the catalyst for my first visit.

My brother told me about the picturesque old architecture downtown, so I'll be bringing the camera bag when I finally make it.

Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM  

Hayesville, NC
Asheville has truly changed a lot since the early 70's when I first started going there. At that time, I dreaded every trip. The downtown area was depressing. The only reason to go there was Mission and St. Joseph's. It's nothing like that now! I'm amazed at the renewal of the downtown area, the culture, and diversity that has become such a part of the city.
Old 01-24-2011, 08:09 PM  

Chattanooga, TN
I lived there in the early 90s after I got out of the Marine Corps. I loved it. But I did jump back over the border to Tn my home state
Old 01-27-2011, 10:32 AM  

My wife and I visited Asheville for the first time last year, and we loved it! We were kinda passing through, so I look forward to going back when we have more time to spend!
Old 01-28-2011, 06:43 PM  

California, new york
Hellow, I'm from the UK and I'm very happy to be a member of this forum. Although from an engineering background I come with no assumptions about how things 'should work'.thansk for telling Asheville.. i was unaware from al lthese things about Asheville..

modular homes
Old 02-06-2011, 03:40 PM  

I've lived here for about twelve years now. The place is great the taxes are high and wages are so so. Asheville any way you like it!
Old 02-14-2011, 02:37 PM  

Asheville Weather

I live in greater Asheville area. Four seasons with a mild climate (most of the time) and lots of friendly people. Great place to live.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:34 AM  

Asheville, N. C.
I also live in Asheville and love the weather, except the last two winters. I great place to live. I am about 5 miles from the Biltmore House and go there quite a bit. I disagree about the taxes. I have looked a lot at the different county's tax rate and Buncombe county is not bad at all. Everyone 30 or 40 miles away pay an even higher tax rate and have to drive to get here. I am within just a few miles from almost everything except Sams.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:20 AM  
Rhonda Realtor

Lenoir, NC
Ashville also has the Grove Park Inn which is awesome! I took my kids to the Gingerbread competition display and wow, what a fabulous place! We live in the Hickory area about an hour away up hywy. 40. Whish I lived there instaed of here!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!